Part 08

The melody played was resonating crisply around the whole room.

The deep resounding tune sent beats on to her heart as she pressed the keys.

Black and white color illuminated her eyes as the gentle wind swift in the inside, making the curtains danced gracefully to the tune that she was creating.

She knew she was pressing the same note and the same keys from that time, yet somehow, she couldn't feel what he was able to make her feel on that day.

All this made her brows furrowed.

This was not it. She thought.

"Why do you keep playing that unknown piece?" Her teacher in music asked one time.

Hotaru had lost the count of hearing that question from different people—her teacher and from her school acquaintances. She always liked to play the same melody of that time during her childhood. It was the first melody she learned from Akashi Seijuro and the one she accidentally heard when she first arrived in the mansion.

Her teacher wouldn't deny that the sound was nice and good to hear but her talent must be put on playing the known musical pieces, since that would be useful for her once she decided to further her piano skills into a career.

"What was it about?" the teacher asked again.

What is it about? Hotaru pondered, that piece held a special place to her heart but what was it about?

Seemed like the creator should be the one to answer that. Wasn't she just a mere listener, or a fan, mimicking it?

Her fingers hovered from the keys as she glanced to the teacher. Mouth slightly parted, as she obtain the appropriate answer to that question from her own perspective.

Perhaps, as the person from that time, the child outside the door of that autumn season few years ago, would say that it meant like a salvation.

That was what it meant for her.

Hotaru smiled, reminiscing the moment before eyeing the curious teacher again. "Let's say it's about a family." She decided to keep it for herself.

No one needed to know what it meant for her.

Similarly, it was that one melody that would forever connect her to Akashi.

Quick Note;

I already forgot what i was thinking when i wrote this. take note that it was around 2016 when i started this fic... i believed i was listening to Chopin's Nocturne op.9 No.2 that time so i basically used that sound as inspiration. hahaha (also Erik Satie's Gymnopédie No.1)

Thats all. :)