Part 10

"Do you think they would allow us to try that?" A curious pair of green eyes blinked, while staring at a certain bottle kept inside the wooden cabinets.

"What is it?" Hotaru joined the blonde who was on a crouching position in front of the said cabinet.

His arms were placed on top of his knees.

Hayama glanced at the girl beside him, acknowledging her presence.

They were inside the main kitchen of the inn, together with the other uncrowned generals.

Reo took his way to pull out one chair from the table, sitting comfortably as he crossed his arms and let his eyes wandered around the place.

"Isn't there any meat or beef here?" Nebuya frowned, seeing nothing but pile of vegetables inside the fridge.

"Geez, is that the only food you know? That's not healthy at all." The black-haired player commented.

A scratching sound suddenly echoed the room as Hayama Koutaro made his way on sliding the glass door of the wooden cabinet.

He carefully took the bottle outside, caressing its surface with a grin. "Hehe, let's taste this one."

"I believe we're not supposed to drink that." Hotaru mused, shaking her head in the process. "Please put it back, Hayama-san."

It was a saké that looked way too old. In fact, there were lots of it stored inside the cabinet.

"Eh...but if no one speaks about it, it's gonna be fine."

"No." The girl fought back, taking the bottle from his possession. "Let's not engage in any kind of trouble."

Hayama pouted, "Not fair Zaki, you just don't want to trouble Akashi!" He cried out.

She blinked, he wasn't wrong on that part though.

Of course, her superior's comfort during the whole trip was her priority but that was not the extent of it.

"Not quite right, Hayama-san, I wouldn't want trouble to all of us here."

Mibuchi sighed. Why were they even fighting over that drink? The reason why they went specifically at the kitchen was to look for some food or something they can cook for dinner. However, it seemed like there wouldn't be any delicious meal except those vegetables that Eikichi pointed out.

"Should we just order outside?"

"Ah! I knew it! We should have bought more of those barbeques for takeouts." The bulky player pronounced.

Hotaru heard, suddenly reminded of the original agenda for coming at this place. "There's no helping it, should I cook instead?" Hotaru suggested as she straightened her body, forefinger touching her chin while gazing around the kitchen while considering any utensils or equipment available to be used.

"Zaki can cook?" Hayama beamed, his snaggletooth peeking out, as he smiled widely in amazement.

"I do know a little. I used to train on that aspect before." she stated.

"Oh... as expected of Zaki-chan. Then I'll give you a hand. You might not know it but I can –at the very least— chop these cabbages." Reo said, lifting the mentioned vegetable from the basket.

"Reo-nee!" Hayama's eyes were twinkling at the two.

"Well, maybe for a change, vegetable for dinner won't be that bad." Nebuya mumbled.

"It's about time you introduce your stomach to some healthy foods."

"Ah, that's right!~ That's right!~"