Part 21

I know KNB is no longer relevant today but i just want to finish this story.

so I WILL... HAHA

.

.

.

.

.

.

What were the odds of two people with different life settings to meet in the same place at the same time?

Although highschoolers tend to be outside during the weekend in order to chill and hangout after a long tiring week, Mayuzumi Chihiro, however, didn't prefer that. He would rather be at home everyday if he could, far from the crowd and blazing sun outside. On the other hand, Hotaru had too many things to do especially in the weekend to be bothered going out.

Yet, there they were.

Mayuzumi was outside, aiming to check some new releases at the bookstore. Of all time and day, he just happened to do it in this moment.

And then, there she was too, similarly, on the other side of the crossroad.

It was not the first time he had seen her in casual attire, but this one was different. She looked like a simple girl on her Sunday day out and not some attendant of one extravagant person. For sure he was thinking of something before but now, it all disappeared.

All his attention was caught by a girl that wasn't even aware of his presence among the crowd.

She seemed alone, just like him. Both were waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green.

The agenda was simple for Mayuzumi, visit the bookstore located on the other side of the road. Yet, as soon as he noticed her, he stopped. He didn't even move despite the awaited green light.

For some unknown reason, he was frozen, gazing at the girl whom he believed wouldn't even realize. It shouldn't be. That was the norm of his existence after all.

Black hair bounced gracefully. Eyes shifted forward. Hotaru followed the strangers in front up until reaching the opposite side.

Then, all of a sudden, she blinked as her mouth parted lightly upon surprise.

A moment of pause.

Now, Mayuzumi was gazing on eyes that were doing the same towards him.

Ha...

The two couldn't hide the abrupt weird and awkward sensation sent by the sudden meeting of their eyes.

"Ma...Mayuzumi-san." Hotaru was the first to acknowledge, as he was the first to avert.

"I...didn't expect to see you here." she added.

Well, he could say the same.

Mayuzumi blinked, before looking back to the girl standing to his front. Truly, she looked different. It wasn't a jersey, a pair of sneakers nor a large size t-shirt she often wore.

This, how should he put it? This image of her was how he would picture her to be if he heard her going for a date.

Instantly, he assumed the redhead would be nearby or that she would be meeting him.

On the other hand, the absence of reply was nothing new, Hotaru was so accustomed to that if involving Mayuzumi.

She smiled a bit, still quite in an awkward feeling brought by their last meeting. "...Where are you going?"

That's right. He forgot for a while. He was heading to a bookstore. Just that... the smile, the face, and everything about her somehow lagged his mind. Didn't he flatly say he wouldn't be in a situation where he'd liked her during their last meeting? So why was he being mesmerized by her presence?