Part 09

"Zaki!~ Please!~ Please! Convince Akashi for us." Hayama beamed ever since Hotaru arrived at the gymnasium.

"You know that it's not something I am capable of, Hayama-san." She smiled weakly, trying not to make it sound as a rejection or else, he would sulk right to her front.

"P-P-Pleaseee~?"

How did he manage to make those puppy eyes were beyond her knowledge. Somehow those green pupils looked really helpless that it became harder to decline once more.

His clasped hands were slowly getting nearer to her face that she had to step back twice to hinder the closeness.

"O-Okay, I will try but I am not going to promise anything." she said, earning the power forwards' satisfaction.

"If I know, you just want play around." Mibuchi Reo sneered beside. This was replied by a wide grin from Hayama.

Hotaru only sighed.

.

.

.

And that brought the girl to the current situation, with her facing the redhead.

A sudden paused was made, Akashi Seijuro lifted the tip of his pen on the surface as he turned to look at the girl. His desk, with tons of documents placed on top, separated the two from each other.

"It wouldn't be bad to relax for a while before the Inter-high begins, right?" The girl smiled.

Akashi sighed quietly, shifting his head downwards just a little. "You should know it best Hotaru, I don't have the time for leisure activities."

That was true, but she wouldn't suggest this idea without plan. She knew his schedules better than anyone and just like that, she also knew how to turn a leisure activity to an educational/important one, in a way where he could consider and might as well agree.

"I know a place. There's this one that offers some facilities that our own gymnasium is lacking. Please think about it again, Seijuro-sama." She informed as she placed one brochure to his front. She already made a research beforehand because she knew this would happen. And Hotaru made sure to pick a venue where it would be hard for him to deny.

.

.

.

.

"A recreational activity?" Hotaru repeated blankly at the blonde.

When Hayama requested Hotaru to convince their captain, it was only on whim. After all, the consistent stressful and tiring menus that Akashi gave were seriously affecting their social life, especially Hayama's.

Maybe Akashi was so used to this kind of pressure, dedicating his entire time to studying and training, but that wasn't the case to his teammates.

At least, they wanted to have a breathing. The power forward of the team reasoned to the girl.

"That's not true, Hayama-san." She opposed it right away.

Hayama blinked.

It was situation like this where he could easily notice how fond the girl was with their captain. And honestly, it was one of his wonders. Such loyalty was way too much for students and teenagers like them, wasn't it?

Anyway, he knew that trying to understand how the mind of these two worked would only make his head ache.

He grinned at the girl, brushing the slight tension he created due to that comment.

"What about a beach? Or maybe a festival? Oh! Like onsen? Hmmm~" Hayama went on, squinting the already pointed eyes while pressing forefinger on the skin around his chin.