Part 16

.

.

.

.

.

It was the opening day of inter-high.

For most participating schools, the first day was the most stressful. It was the time where they would see all their opponents in one place.

Whether they continue or end the journey to championship, would be decided on this day.

The Rakuzan members stole everyone's gazes as they stood in line during the ceremony. It wasn't new, they were known to top the said tournament for 5 consecutive years after all.

The first string carried their self proudly while hearing the murmurs in the area.

"That is Akashi Seijuro. What an aura."

"....the three uncrowned generals are in Rakuzan High..."

"...the strongest school..."

They also had their first game. But like the usual, Akashi didn't participate, leaving the outcome of the game to the four regulars and one substitute member. He was not disappointed with the team's performance as they easily won the game with a large gap.

Just how everyone expected, of course, Rakuzan High didn't come just to participate. They arrived with a firm purpose of winning.

Rather than a goal, it was more of a duty that must be accomplished at all cost.

During the whole week of Inter-high, they were all required to stay in Tokyo. The school provided the team an inn to stay. Thus, a week of nothing but basketball commenced.

Victory should be in their hands when they come back.

But truthfully, it wasn't much. The tournament was nothing special. Their training was harder than the actual playing. This was the reason why even until the end, Akashi didn't get the need to participate.

Even if the opponents had one generation of miracles in their team, still, it wasn't enough.

Overall, Rakuzan high won the competition without any problem.

It was an easy win, like a given, they won the tournament.

And so, they went back with a trophy in hand.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

When Mayuzumi went to the rooftop after getting back from Tokyo, he noticed that it wasn't the same as how he remembered it from last time.

The first thing he saw was the accumulation of mud at the corner where he usually sat.

Not just that, a lot of spots were also drenched in water.

Maybe it had been raining for a couple of days in Kyoto while they were busy with Inter-high in Tokyo.

It looked bad. He knew there was no way he could enjoy his free time in the area unless those hindrances be taken cared of.

What was the school cleaner doing anyway? Ah, they didn't expect students to be here so there was really no point in cleaning this place. Maybe they were thinking something like 'let the nature clean its own mess'.