Part 15

On the second day of group tutoring, Mayuzumi and Hotaru switched with Nebuya while the other group—Akashi and Reo, focused to Hayama.

Surprisingly, Hayama did better than yesterday.

Reo wondered if Akashi had a secret technique in his way of study

On the other hand, Mayuzumi and Hotaru handled Nebuya easily, better than how they did with Hayama. They noticed that the well-built man could actually do it if he tried.

Time flew smoothly without worries and before they knew, the lessons ended. They were all able to part ways at the same time. The two uncrowned generals—Hayama and Nebuya went together, taking the opposite direction from the rest.

"Do you think they will be fine? Hmmm, I'm still worried." Reo mused.

"There's no need for that Reo."

Akashi assured, and if he could say that then Reo wouldn't doubt anymore.

"Anyway, I thank everyone for the time." The captain said.

Mayuzumi didn't think he deserved that. It was not like he tutored his two co-players because he wanted to. If not because of Akashi, then he wouldn't be here, walking with them as if he had always been part of their group.

The sole third year paused his pace as he called the attention of the people walking ahead of him. "I'll be going this way." He said, planning to stop by somewhere because it was still early and he really didn't like walking with these people.

He glanced a little to the girl. Unlike the usual where he would meet her eyes before he could even look, this time, it wasn't. It was like she purposely ducked her head when she saw him about to look her way. Regardless, Mayuzumi didn't mind, ignoring it like always.

"Understood. Thanks for the hard work Mayuzumi-san." said by the redhead.

"Bye, see you Mayuzumi." Came from Reo.

Hotaru just nodded in his direction, still not looking at him.

And he wouldn't mind that either, he must not.

.

.

.

.

.

On the awaited day, the Rakuzan High starters took their examination. It went by as planned for everyone despite the worries towards Hayama and Nebuya. Unlike before, they weren't relying solely on luck, this time, they actually studied hard and that was why in the end, it turned all good. Their marks may be nothing compared to Akashi, still, it was better than failing.

The supposed examination nightmare passed by without worries.

It was just like what Akashi said. There was no need for worry.

.

.

.

Hayama grinned, proudly presenting his examination result in front of the other players.

"See, see! Look at this! Piece of pie!~ Yea!"

Reo grimaced. It was only a couple of days ago when he was like a scared puppy.

"I'm glad Koutarou. You must have no more reason to skip the practice."

Akashi?!

"I was expecting this already, you know, passing the exams." Nebuya mumbled to his self coolly.

Akashi smirked and after a while he became serious.

On cue, the captain asked the first string players of Rakuzan Basketball High to gather around. Before anything else, he wanted to remind everyone of their goal in the upcoming tournament.