Faking a Smile

Chapter 11

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=154694733 Autumns Outfit

********************************************

I sat next to Stiles on Scott's bed as we watched our best friend search for his missing cell phone. I was trying to keep myself from acting any different around Stiles considering I had just realized my feelings for him, but that wasn't working out too well for me at the moment. Stiles had his head resting on my shoulder and kept sending me cute little smiles occasionally which only caused the butterflies in my stomach to go crazy. How I've never felt like this before and how it took me so long to realize everything is a complete mystery to me.

"Call it again!" Scott frantically said as he continued to throw clothes and junk around.

"Dude...It's not here." Stiles said removing his head from my shoulder. "So you lost your phone, just buy a new one."

"I can't afford a new one." Scott mumbled as he rushed to the other side of the room, obviously not giving up even though he has torn his room apart looking for the missing phone. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

"Well Scott A, You're not alone. Have you forgotten about your best friends?" I asked, "And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead to me."

"Yeah he did, but they didn't kill him." Scott replied.

I let out a sigh, "Scott–"

"Autumn listen to me. I know, okay? The hunters are just using him to get to the Alpha, they aren't gonna kill him." his eyes were digging into mine at this point, and I just kept my mouth shut.

"Okay, so why can't you just let them do that?" Stiles asked.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" clothes began flying again, "I can't protect her on my own, so we need to find Derek first!"

I stood up from the bed and began to help Scott, cause he clearly wasn't getting anywhere on his own. At this point his floor was no longer visible, but I mean, it pretty much looked like my floor does when I can't find anything to wear. 

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You know, when he was trying to kill you after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson." Stiles said giving Scott one of his signature looks.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone" He said letting out a huge sigh, "And I'm not going to let him die."

My brow rose, "Well maybe you should consider it." I mumbled, obviously not quiet enough considering I was receiving a very dirty look from Scott. But then his eyes softened and he walked over to his window.

"What's wrong? You were all spazzy ten seconds ago about the phone, and now you're all calm and it's freaking me out." I said as I tossed a few of his shirts behind me.

"My mom just got home from work. She's leaving a voice mail for Peter." He said. As he stood there the expression on his face went from nothing to a look of hurt.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asked standing up from the bed. Scott shook his head and kept his eyes focused on the floor.

"Does she sound upset or something?" I asked stepping closer to him.

"She's crying..." he said quietly as he leaned on his wall for support, looking down at his mom through the window.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone..." Stiles said sympathetically.

"I have to."

****

Allison, Lydia, and I sat in the library during our free period, I was going to be doing my Chem homework but the only thing on my mind seemed to be Stiles, and that was something I needed to fix. There was no way that Stiles would ever feel the same way about me, he see's me as his best friend, practically his sister. I put my head down on the desk giving up on getting anything done.