Epilogue

This was the hardest thing to ever adapt to. Your no longer mortal. You'll never die. Jack was helping you and comforting you every step of the way as promised and knew this wasn't easy. What about your family? Word had got out about your house being destroyed and when you and Jack made it there with Santas help, they all assumed you died. You could never see them again. You watched from afar as your family gathered around a small memorial at your parents house to pay their respects. There was an actual grave for you but since there was no body, it was filled with most of your belongings, some of it was childhood stuff.

You only cried in silence and just left with Jack and Santa to go back to Halloween Town. Santa could see just how devastated you were and since it was now Christmas morning, he would make it up to you. You and Jack made it back to your house and were very surprised to see a nice and small Christmas tree and other proper Christmas decorations around the inside of the house. Even some presents were left underneath the tree and a note was left on a table for the both of you. It read,

To Jack and (Y/n):

You two have saved my life once more and I couldn't be more grateful. Everyone deserves a Christmas and you two deserve one as well. Not just for this year, but for years to come. I have left a Christmas surprise for your other Halloween Town citizens as well. It wouldn't be fair if they didn't get a Christmas, now would it?

To (Y/n):

I have heard what has happened to you, your home and your life. I have something for you though. I know it may not be the best thing but I hope it'll still help you.

To Jack:

You have really shown just how much you care for (Y/n). You have protected her, cared for her and loved her for who she was and because of that, I have left something for the both of you. I hope you both will enjoy it.

You two are very special and I know you both will continue to love and support each other for years to come. Merry Christmas!

-Santa Claus

You looked at Jack and you both sat down to start opening presents. The presents you have received made you cry. It was the picture of your family that you have been meaning to grab before your house caught fire. It was so important to you and now that you have it, you couldn't stop crying your tears of joy. Jack had received something he thought was hilarious but then realized it was so meaningful. Two crowns. Each had a message that read,

"Together, we are the rulers of our beloved Halloween and for all eternity, we will love each other 'til the end of time."

The crowns weren't huge but they were cute and had a very powerful message. You both held your own crown and looked to each other. You scooted over to Jack and you both then leaned in and kissed each other. It was definitely the highlight of the year. After what just happened, you both decided to take a break for at least a month and needed to just relax and the other monsters also decided they needed a break too. But after you both opened your presents, you both went to the one place where it was considered the birthplace of the love you both had for each other.

The spiral hill.

As you both stood, hands in hands, Jack spoke. "You know, it's strange".

"What's strange, Jack"?

"Whenever I set out to find something new, my eyes are opened to a larger world".

"You're not leaving again, are you"?

"No". Jack then gently brought you closer to him. "Something tells me the most wonderful discoveries are a little closer to home". Jack then spoke softly. "(Y/n)"?

"Yes"?

"I love you, so much. My Pumpkin Queen".

"I love too. My Pumpkin King". Now that your immortal, you had so much to adapt to but you knew you weren't alone.

Your Pumpkin King will always be by your side, for now and for the rest of time!

THE END!

Authors notes:

Ok. FINALLY! It's over! Now, I ask that you please go read the next chapter, even though it's not a chapter.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, bye bye😊