The spooky love we share

Have you ever heard the phrase that love can manifest itself? It certainly can. This was a prime example. A simple girl named (Y/n) had her whole life changed forever because of love. That girl... Was you. The man you love is very different but none the less is definitely your soul mate. It may be a bit odd to call him your soul mate because he doesn't have one. That does not mean he is evil or mean spirited, it means that he is... well... dead.

Yes... Dead.

He is a very tall and slender skeleton named Jack Skellington. A very ironic name for a skeleton and also for the fact that he is the pumpkin king which means he is the king of Halloween. A king of a holiday? I think we can all agree that Santa Claus and the Easter bunny are the kings of their holidays... but Halloween?

Anyways, at the moment you were packing up to head back home. Home was a very interesting place. Because now you had two homes. The house you bought and the other was a very big castle like house resting on a cliffside in Halloween town. You had thought about leaving everything behind but there were some things that you couldn't leave behind. Personal items such as your photos, certain pieces of technology, clothes, toiletries and etc. So when you went to retrieve your stuff with Jacks help, something very upsetting happened.

When you all walked out of the house and were already in the woods, you said "Oh! I forgot one more thing. I'll be quick"! Jack smiled and said he would he would wait for you. But something was wrong when you got closer to your street. The smell of smoke.

Smoke... SMOKE!!!

You ran back to the house and saw that it was engulfed in flames. You screamed and ran to it but there was no way of getting in. You quickly pulled out your phone to call 911 but you then feel long arms pull you back from the door quickly. "(Y/n)! What happened!? Are you hurt"!

"My house"!

An explosion erupted from the house and knocked you both back into the front yard. Jack quickly picked you and made sure you were ok but the sound of fire trucks were heard from the distance and were fastly approaching. "(Y/n), I'm sorry but we must leave. Now"! Jack scooped you up and ran away with you looking back at your fading house with tears in your eyes.

Both you and Jack made it back to Halloween town with Jack comforting you. "I'm so sorry that happened, (Y/n). I'm here for you and always will be". Jack held you close and rubbed your back as you continuously sobbed into him. You felt devastated because now you can never get the item were planning on retrieving. What you were to retrieve was a family picture. The one you had that had every member of the family in it.

And now it was burned to ash. The photo was especially special since it had your grandparents from both your mom and dads side. You were so devastated and there was no way you could go back to face your family since they would probably find out. But Jack kept reassuring you that everything would be ok and that he would still try to do everything he could to keep you happy and satisfied. After two hours of comfort and reassurance, you calmed down a bit and started to unpack your belongings.

Jack wouldn't stop smiling the entire time since he was very happy that he now had a queen by his side. A very beautiful queen might I add. A queen who added her efforts to make Halloween more terrifying and special. A queen who loved her new life. A queen who was now the queen of Halloween. With you and Jack in rule of Halloween, there would still be some problems but nothing could prepare you for the new adventure in store for this new Halloween night after less than a year later.

To be continued...