[Chapter 2]

The next day I was in charge of the bodega for the day

The next day I was in charge of the bodega for the day. It was in the afternoon and the only people who had came in are people who were looking for lottery tickets and people who need some cigarettes. All of a sudden a boy walks in with his friend. He walks up to the counter and asks were the energy drinks are. I show him were they are. Suddenly Maliik walks in. Maliik walks up to the counter.
M: Past the black and mild
Y: Aint no way -laughs-
M: ugh your the worst
Y: that's me -smiles-
M: we're is Kay?
Y: she's in the back with my parents
I turn on the song "Wet Dreamz" I start humming along. The boy who came in a few minutes ago came up the counter and starting looking at me. "You must really like this song if you know it word for word?" I chuckle while ringing up his stuff. "Yeah, I blast this song while im cleaning." He smiles while looking at me. " Hey I was looking around the store and I was wondering who made the paintings around the store" I look at him in shock. " Oh, I did." He looks at me with wide eyes. "Well you've got a talent, hey do you wanna paint with me sometime?" I look at him like he was crazy. I didn't usually work with anyone. But I can take up a challenge "Sure, if you can keep up." He looked at me and laughed. "Well you finally have a challenge I'm Miles." He reaches his hand out for me to shake it. "Y/N" I say handing him his bag. "Tomorrow at 8 next to Teo's Bodega?" I nod my head and he walks out the store with his friend. I turn my head around to see Maliik just smirking.
Y: what?
M: oh nothing...nothing seemed like he want a piece of you but you know, nothing
Y: -scoffs- no he doesn't he doesn't even know me like that all he knows is that I paint
M: you don't have to know a lot about someone to know that you like them
I roll my eyes at him. "What I know boys I'm a boy and I think I know a lot about myself." He smiles at himself.
I push past him to go to the back to get some boxes to stock the shelves with.
" I give Maliik 3 of the 6 boxes so he can help out. " I did not come here to work." He says looking at the box is disgust " I know but today you are officially an employee" I say putting my hand on his shoulder. "Now open the boxes and put the chips up." He groans and starts working.
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
We finally close up the shop and the whole family is walking home. Maliik already walked home. We were debating if Taylor swift was better than Doja cat. My parents love music it practically runs in the family. Every cookout we are always blasting some song that get every one up and dancing.
I chuckled at Christy getting mad at my mom and dad. "Well, Y/N what do you think?" I look at her with a face "Well Taylor swift was good but she was in her prime because of a few songs not to mention she only had one good album that people listened to back in 2014. As Doja is making hits and hits after 2016. Not to mention that she took a break for the longest." Christy looked at me like I took the words out of her mouth. The whole family laughed. We continued to walk home with my mom and dad making little jokes.
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
I took a shower and ate dinner which was left overs from yesterday. We played a few games that Das had gotten of one of the few street shops. I walked up to my room when I got a text from Eli.
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
                      RANDO
E: Hey I was just wondering when we could meet up so you can finish teaching me the ways of spray painting.
Y: uhm I guess we can meet up at the A train station
E: Yeah sure Wednesday at 3?
Y: Sure
Read at 9:30 pm
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
I close my phone and I go downstairs.
Y:Hey ma, dad can I go out tomorrow at 8?
M: depends were are you going
Y: The alley next to Teo's bodega
D: Okay I guess but be home at 10pm sharp
M: And make sure to turn on your location
Y: okay thanks
The day came fast I woke up to the sound of birds chirping in the morning "Ugh, why are you chirping when the sun isn't out yet SHUT UP" I yell while throwing a pillow at my window. I get up and take a shower I do my normal daily routine walk Kay to school, get some groceries, and get some stuff for myself. I have to take care of the shop again. By this time it was 7:30pm and me, kay, Maliik are eating pizza in the break room. My mom walked in on us laughing at Kay being sassy. She smiled and told be that there was a dude waiting outside he said he came to pick me up to paint. I look at her confused "He wasn't supposed to be here for 30 minutes." She shrugs. "Well he's here now." I put down my slice of pizza and put on my jacket to go outside. "Hey Miles you're early" he laughs it off and takes my hand to go to Teo's Bodega
"Woah calm down" I say grabbing his hand. "Oh its kinda slippery my fault" he chuckles a bit. I find it weird that he didn't slip and fall I mean by this time he was standing on this biggest slab of ice of the floor. I look at him confused his shoes were untied. He turns around and still gripping on my hand. Once we finally reach the alleyway. He takes off this bag and once we reach this place and puts on the song "Unforgettable- French Montana" I start humming to the song while paintings neon Pink Panther. Miles looks over really impressed. "Yeah I did that" he laughs while still spray painting It looks like a Sunflower with Lyrics in the back of it. "You're the Sunflower"

JUST A LIL BIT
MILES MORALES X READER
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----