[Chapter 18]

As me and Maliik were getting ready for the party

As me and Maliik were getting ready for the party. I get a ding on my phone.
"That's you or me?"
"Me"
I opened the text message.

"We coming for you, look out bitch. -55"

I drop my phone "What the hell?" Maliik peeked out from my closet as he was changing. "What?"  He said in confusion."I think I got a target on my back."
---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
As we were leaving my place I couldn't wrap my head around what was going on. Maliik suggested I bring pepper spray and one of his Tasers just to be sure. "People are getting crazier and crazier it doesn't hurt to be careful." He said shrugging his shoulders We met up with Miles and Ganke. "Hey guys," Ganke said. We said hey back. I could feel Miles's eyes on me. Staring like I was his last meal or something.

We got into the party. This place was deep. Everyone was here. Even a few of Chrissy's friends were here. I felt so out of place. With the message and all, I didn't know who to trust. I felt a hand on my shoulder. My hand was on my purse just in case. I turned around it was Miles. "Hey," he said in a weirdly deep voice. "Hey, Morales." he took my hand in his. He brought me closer to him. To the point, his lips were brushing my ear. "Wanna dance?" I smiled "Yeah sure." Blind Man -Xavier Omar was playing in the background. Miles took my hand and we started dancing. his hands on my hips and my back turned to him we were swaying to the beat. He rested his head on my shoulder. I felt his breathing become unsteady and his heart racing.

"You nervous?"
"Yeah, I got this fine, beautiful girl grinding against me. I'm more than nervous."

I could've sworn i felt his dic- ANYWAYS

I took his hands into mine and I turned around to face him. He was so close but it was Miles no weirdness there. The song changed to Session 33- Summer Walker. He leaned in closer to me where he could whisper something to me.

"I'm sorry I fucked everything up between us. Y/N L/N I love you so much. You mean the world to me. Can I get a second chance?"

He moved away from me and looked at me with pleading eyes. I leaned in and kissed him.

"That answered your question?" I said smiling

He took me in for a hug. "I love you too Miles," I said in his ear.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say that to me."

We stayed in the hugging position for a while slowly dancing to the songs. Then we heard a scream.

"HE'S GOT A GUN!!"

That's when we heard a gunshot. People were trying to escape but more people were blocking to door.

"Y/N find Maliik and Ganke, and please stay safe I don't want you to get hurt.." Miles said to me seeing my hand then giving me a quick peck on my lips then ran off into the crowd.

I pulled out my phone and called Maliik He picked up and answered the phone.

"Hello?"
"Lei, where are you?"
"I'm with Ganke. We are near the bar." I look behind me and there they were. I hung up and went to them.

"You alright where is Miles."
"He's in the crowd somewhere." Maliik grabbed me and Gankes hand so we didn't get lost. We went to find Miles.

I tapped on almost everyone's shoulder and gave a descriptor Miles. They all sent me in the wrong direction. We eventually found him.

"WHY ARE YOUR HERE?" a partygoer said. "We are looking for a girl named Y/N L/N. We got intel that she was here."

Ganke, Miles, and Maliik looked at me.
Shit.
"What's going in why is he looking for you?" Ganke whisper shouted.
"Ok look I got a text from an unknown number saying that they were looking for me. I have no idea how they know I'm here." I explained
"Check your location," Maliik said.
I checked it the usual.
Mom, Dad, sisters, Maliik. And

"Eli"
"What?" Miles said.
"His location in on I can see where he's at and he's not home."
"That's normal families get the phone back when people die," Ganke said.
"But I was told his phone was destroyed. I saw his phone. It was obliterated. And the funerals are very expensive I doubt they bought a new phone. Just to go through it" I said.

"THERE Y/N IS. SHE'S TALKING TO HER FRIENDS OVER THERE AT THAT BAR!"
Somebody said.

"FUCK YOU!" we all said in unison.

The people guarding the doors ran towards us. All of us ran for the bathroom
Hoping for a window. Luckily there was. A very tiny and high one.

"Shit"

Miles shoots some of his webs out and blocked the door temporarily. He and Maliik we're giving boosts and getting me and Ganke out of the window.

"GO GO GO GO!" Ganke shouted.

Miles was the last one out and he closed the door behind him.

The four of us were running down the street we didn't know where to go.

"The bodega, it's closed!" shouted.

I got my keys out and ran to the door unlocking it. "Everyone in! Don't turn on the lights we don't have blinds yet."
I locked the door back.

---------•---------•---------•---------•-----

We all got comfortable eating food and watching tv in the break room.

"Wait so you think Eli faked his death?"
Maliik asked while eating a sandwich.

"I don't know, but it makes sense I knew his dad was involved in gangs. And I know he looks up to him so maybe"

"Look, I never told y'all this but he asked me to join him and his group of people one time. And they were called P55? Or something. He would talk to be about gang stuff and I even met some of them sometimes. I would go to his house and they would be there."

They all looked at me like I was crazy

"Girl you in deep no wonder they coming after you. You've seen to much" Maliik said. "I could've sworn at the funeral I saw one of them carrying the casket," I said

"That's why it was a closed-casket funeral it makes sense because he's not really-"
Maliik got cut off by a loud bang coming from outside.

BAM!!

Screams and shouts were heard from outside.

"Let's take this to the break room."
We frantically put everything up so it made it seem like no one was here.

We all ran to the break room. And locked it.

CRASH!!

The glass was shattered.

"Shit"

---------•---------•---------•---------•-----
                          JUST A LIL BIT
           MILES MORALES X READER