01

"i'm flying high in the sky, with the two wings you gave me back then."

December 23, 2017

i looked at my laptop once again and sighed. "i should probably take a break. all this writing is frying my brain."

i looked over to my phone, which was charging near my door. "it wouldn't hurt if i invited yae over, would it?"

i stood up and walked over to my phone.

56%.
one notification from miko.

"meet me at the shrine in 10 minutes." it read.

luckily for me, it was sent 2 minutes ago. i had time.

i rushed to my closet, pulled out a thick, warm snow coat, and sprinted out the door.

i carefully checked my watch every other second while i ran over to the shrine.

once i was there, i checked the message again.

sent 8 minutes ago.

was i that fast? whatever. i walked over to the sacred sakura, where a pink-haired figure stood.

"that must be her." i muttered underneath my breath. she turned around and smiled.

"hello, y/n. i'm surprised you're on time." yae said, watching as i slowly stepped towards her.

"why'd you invite me here?" i asked, feeling the cold winds swiftly brush my face.

"well, your novel is quite popular. it's enjoyable. i was thinking, 'if the novel is good, then does the author look good?' and now that you're here, i can find out if i'm right." yae smiled, walking towards me.

i froze as she inspected my face, watching my every move. "uh, this is a little creepy." i admitted.

"fine. i suppose i shall leave you alone. by the way, your novel is quite good. it used to be on a bad start, but the recent chapters are on a smooth path." yae said, walking back to the sacred sakura.

"path..?" i questioned.

"the path to success and legacy." yae said, looking up at the snow-covered sakura tree.

the pink leaves and white snow flapped in the wind as the cold, harsh breeze brushed itself against the tree.

"well, isn't the novel already successful?" i asked. i knew i was a little bit stupid, but i needed to make the conversation last as long as i could.

why, you ask?

i love yae. ever since i met her at the yae publishing house, i've developed a crush on her.

"you're right. your novel is already quite successful, but what if it got so popular that it reaches mondstadt?" yae asked, turning around to face me.

"well.."

"isn't that your dream, y/n? when you first became a writer, you mentioned that you wanted your novel to be famous internationally."

"uhh.. how do we get there then?"

yae smiled. i'm guessing that she had a great idea. or probably not. you never know what goes on in her mind.

"perhaps we could ship off your novel to liyue. let's see the feedback. if we get good reviews in 6 months, i think you're all set."

my brain clicked. this was a perfect idea. "how about - every month, after you send the shipment, we meet to discuss the feedback?" i suggested.

"perfect. the shipments will be sent in the next week or so. good luck, y/n." yae said, looking back at me with a genuine smile.

"thanks." i smiled. "i'll be leaving for now." i said, turning towards the entrance.

I FINALLY FINISHED THE FIRST CHAPTER YAYAYAYAY

anyways in the next chapter it's gonna be a lil bit of diary-style writing bc i need to test it and see if it's easier to write

anyways stan bts 😋