The Super Happy Fun Room

Here is the next chapter! Enter the notorious room itself (and take in the party decor at the same time, lol)! I hope that you enjoy it! 👍

——————————

Meanwhile ...

Present Day, Willy's Wonderland

"Come on, everyone! I've got another surprise for y'all!" Tex declared. Eyes gleaming, revelling in being the centre of attention, the white-suited businessman strode across the front hall of the restaurant. An excited gaggle of families joined him.

"Right through here!" He gestured to a sign on the wall behind him, next to a door. The sign read 'SUPER HAPPY FUN ROOM' in bright red, blue, orange, and green colours. Tex pushed the door open and walked through the door. The crowd followed him.

As they went, the animatronic gorilla turned his head slightly and sniffed at the people walking , smiling and drooling a little at the same time. This did not go unnoticed though. A young boy looked startled and tugged at his mother's wrist.

"Mom! That gorilla just smiled at me!" The woman, however, didn't even turn around to look at her son, or the grinning gorilla.

"That's what he's supposed to do, dear", she said, a little condescendingly. The young boy didn't look convinced, but said nothing more.

From Willimeena's place on her counter, the toy weasel felt curiosity spring up inside her as she watched the crowd going to the 'special room' ... as she called it. Then a sudden idea came to Willimeena!

Very, VERY carefully, the little weasel slipped off her counter to the floor. She then crept across to the door with the multicoloured 'SUPER HAPPY FUN ROOM' sign next to it, as inconspicuously as she could. Luckily, being a weasel made her great at being stealthy. That, and the tables above her made excellent cover.

You couldn't blame Willimeena for being curious about how the Super Happy Fun Room looked now. She hadn't seen the room since it was redecorated after the police break-in.

Willy's eyes narrowed a bit as his gaze followed the smaller weasel along. Willimeena could feel her dad's stare on her, even through the tables. She'd have to be quick. Willy Weasel had the tendency to get very stressed and tense if she went out of his sight for too long.

Maybe past trauma or something? I'm sure he won't mind a short peek?

Willimeena thought, as she slipped through the door on the heels of the crowd, just as it shut. All together, the group walked along the corridor until they came to a door on the left wall.

The green, squiggly writing on the door read 'The Super Happy Fun Room'. The group went inside, and gasped in awe. Willimeena's eyes sparkled in delight as she paused in the doorway for a second.

The Super Happy Fun Room was a big room with a multicoloured tiled floor, pink walls, a disco ball hanging from the ceiling, and helium-filled balloons tied to stands in the corners of the room.

Some of the Willy's Wonderland animatronics had been placed in the room too, though none of them was the big weasel himself. The weasel toy herself then nipped quickly over to a nearby balloon stand in the room, and hid behind it.

"This is where the magic happens, people!" Tex spun around slowly, gesturing to the amusement room around him as he spoke. Willimeena couldn't help sniggering at the sheer irony of that statement.

"The Super Happy Fun Room! Whether it's a birthday bash for that special little one ..." Willimeena's tail began wagging cutely at that! She loved birthday parties! "... or just looking for a safe place for your kids to play!" The businessman then pointed to a group of adults on his right.

"Constantly supervised by a certified trained staff member!" he declared in pride. One of them, a blonde woman in a pink shirt, smiled and waved at the incoming customers.

"Hey, y'all", she said brightly. Another one, a young brown-haired man with glasses, red shirt; gave the crowd a victory sign.

"Um ... go Willy's?" he said, smiling nervously. The rest of the employees all smiled big smiles, except for a black haired woman in a purple shirt, with folded arms, who just looked sulky. Willimeena's attention was then suddenly drawn to the animatronic that stood almost parallel to her across the room: Knighty Knight.

He seemed to be looking hard at a man and boy who'd stopped just in front of him. The toy weasel's ears flattened. The look on Knighty's face ... Willimeena knew THAT particular look only too well.

Uncle Knighty ... she thought, warningly.

The animatronic knight swung his sword around a second later, slicing at the man's neck ... except the man had abruptly knelt down to tie a shoelace.

"D-D-Dad?!" the little boy whimpered, his face frightened and shocked by the sudden sword swing.

"Hold on, Billy. My shoe is untied", came the reply from his shoe-tying father. The toy weasel let out a sigh of relief, happy that everyone was all right. Then a wave of worry suddenly hit her.

Oh no! Did anyone see Uncle Knighty swing his sword, besides the boy?!

She scanned the crowd anxiously. Tex was walking swiftly over to the duo beside the animatronic knight, his face full of anxiety, fake confidence, and shock.

Yep. TEX saw it. Oh boy.

"Sweet Jesus!" Tex muttered under his breath. He ushered the other man to his feet, and quickly escorted him and his son away from Knighty Knight. "I almost forgot to show you all the new soda fountains!" he said, with a nervous laugh. The restaurant owner then addressed the crowd.

"Come on, everyone! We've got a dozen different flavours! Let's go!" The customers murmured excitedly at this announcement, and looked very interested. The father and his son looked a bit uneasy though.

Willimeena couldn't blame them. She shot a reproachful look at Knighty Knight. Willy's crew weren't supposed to hunt in public places, on the orders of the big weasel himself ... unless he granted them permission to. They all knew what could happen if their real identities were discovered ... what the town would do to them.

The toy weasel knew that Knighty had caught her look, because he then raised an eyebrow in her direction. Willimeena just scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Serves you jolly right if you get chewed out by Daddy for nearly blowing our cover, Uncle Knighty! she thought.

Willy Weasel REALLY hated it when his plans went askew! Even when he was human, he didn't like little glitches in his plans ...

Vote and comment if you like it!