Sirenic Revelations

This is the first half of Siren Sara's backstory. Now since this is not a mature fanfic; I'm not putting the second half in ... because it's too gory to tone down. But I've left subtle implications that give the readers hints about what happens next. I hope that that's okay? Also, hope that you guys like it!👍

—————

Back in the past ... in an unknown town, in an unknown state ...

It was a perfect night. Not too cold, and never a cloud in the starry sky. Outside the town's prominent theatre, people in business suits and evening dresses lined up for seemingly miles.

There was a buzz of quiet chatter, and murmurs of excitement among the crowd in the queue of attendees.

At the front of the queue, right next to the presently closed double doors, there was a notice. It read 'RECITAL TONIGHT'; advertising the dance recital, which was to be performed that very evening.

Everyone outside looked both impatient and eager to to get in and see the performance.

———

Backstage at the theatre ...

Inside, however ... everything was in a state of organised chaos! The dressing room was full of people; mainly several little girls dressed in silver fairy wings, and strapped blue dresses fringed with white fur at the top. They also had blue dance shoes and hair ribbons.

The little girls were smartening themselves up and checking their outfits out in golden light-lined show mirrors that lined the room. They were helped by a visibly-stressed young woman who was dressed in the same outfit as the girls, only bigger. She kept looking at the dressing room door, and biting her nails.

"Now where is Miss Debbie? She promised she would be here to help before the curtain goes up," the woman said, and then sighed. "I have to find her", she said, determination in her expression.

One of the young dancers, a brown-haired girl, then spoke up.

"It's almost time for the show, Miss Sara!" she said, nervously. As if I needed a reminder of that! Sara thought, with a slight flicker of irritation. She quelled it immediately after a second though, feeling a bit guilty.

The kid wasn't to blame. Her girls were just as anxious as her about the dance recital! They'd been rehearsing it for months and months!

Sara turned and made her way to the door. She opened it, and walked out into the corridor outside. A couple more girls dressed in the same dance outfits were waiting outside.

"Has anyone seen Miss Debbie?" Sara asked.

"No, ma'am", one of the girls replied. Their dance instructor sighed again, and walked on. Further along the corridor, Sara heard the sound of voices.

Familiar voices.

Debbie! That's her, I'm sure of it! And ... Gary? My fiancé? What's he doing backstage?

The dance instructor's brow creased slightly as she followed the sound of the voices, to the next room. Opening the door of the room slowly, Sara saw a sight that made her heart metaphorically fall into the depths of her chest.

There, in the room ... was her best friend and manager: Debbie ... and Gary: Sara's long-term boyfriend and fiancé. They were kissing each other. VERY passionately.

Tears quickly welled up and spilled down the dance instructor's now haggard face as she quivered in shock and anguish.

"Debbie?" she whispered. Then Sara's gaze hardened as it narrowed on her traitorous fiancé.

"Gary!" she shouted, slamming the door open against the opposite wall. The resulting loud bang of the door made the oblivious Gary and Debbie break their kissing embrace and whirl around to stare in horror at the angry fairy before them.

"How COULD you? My fiancé AND my best friend?!" Sara accused the guilty couple; her heart metaphorically shattering into a million pieces. Gary and Debbie desperately and uselessly tried to resolve the impossible situation.

"We can explain! It's not what it looks like", Debbie pleaded with her now former best friend. Sara didn't look like she believed her. Gary then took over.

"Sara! Calm down! We can work this out!" he said soothingly, shooting a charming smile at his fiancée. The dance instructor just turned her gaze from him in sheer disgust and now loathing.

How could he? How DARE he?! We were all set to be married after this recital; big wedding and everything! And now that I find out that he's been cheating on me with Debbie!

DEBBIE of all people! I thought that she was my best friend?! I thought that I could trust her ... trust both of them ...

The feeling of this cruel betrayal was like being stuck through with a giant icicle! Sara looked right around to her left, not wanting to look at the people before her anymore. As she did, the angsty fairy dancer caught sight of something that made her freeze.

A fire axe contained in a  glass-fronted metal box on the wall, right next to Sara.

Crazed, wild thoughts began to ran through the dance instructor's mind as her eyebrows furrowed dangerously. Sara now wore a menacing glare on her face, coupled unnervingly with the tears that still poured down her face.

"You know what, Gary? Maybe you're right", she said calmly and quietly ... not taking her eyes off the axe.

—————

Present day, Willy's Wonderland, back in the back room ...

Siren Sara hummed quietly to herself as she recalled what happened next. The uproar, the chaos, the ruined performance ...

Ah, the heat of blind rage. Jerry always advises us to not get into blind rages during our hunts, because it often causes people to make mistakes.

But ... one can never change the past, really. Funny how it is sometimes? One-time dance instructor and future bride ... to killer animatronic fairy in a kid's restaurant.

But, hey, that's life for you!

SLAM!

The noise of the door suddenly shutting broke the robotic siren out of her reverie. She blinked, looking around the room. Tex was gone.

Sara then heard big footsteps outside in the corridor, heading away from the back room. Sounds like Tex's heading back to the main hall ... which reminds me! I'd better get to the stage with all speed!

The animatronic fairy walked quickly over to the back room door, opened it, and then slipped through. Siren Sara grinned maliciously as she skipped quickly through the corridor outside, diabolical thoughts materialising in her mind.

When I get to the stage though, I might whisper to MY boss about you having a 'relationship' with that Belle girl, Tex! Oooo, you and Belle are gonna be in soooo much trooouble, hehe!

Vote and comment if you like it! 👍