He asked me

My phone woke me up, it was ringing. i took it and checked the time 11:43 a.m. I could taste the cigarette still in my mouth and also the smell of my breath. i garggled it off and went downstairs for a cold drink. I couldnt remember getting home. But i did hope that max and i didnt kiss. i dont wanna kiss him drunk. because its lame and probably i dont wanna be an easy to get girl. Last thing i remember was i couldnt get inside the car because i was scares of throwing up inside.

"Good morning miss" Shania said shes already here.

I nodded but i got curious. "shania, why did you leave without any questions about it?" I asked

"Your mom told me miss that if you will be having a party here i would leave" she said while cleaning the mess we had last night that now because of her i could say is not as messy as last night

For a second there i guess that i already know the question. "So where did you go?" I asked

"At a motel" she replied

"I will prepare you some lunch miss" she added grabbing the garbages with her

At 5 pm my phone rang. Its max "hey!" I answered

"Hey, uhh are you going with anyone to the dance?" He asked

"Uhm no.. no none ofcourse" i responded with my voice shaking

"Good, thats good" he sais i could hear him breathing deeply

"Why is that?" I asked

"Oh, can i take you?" He asked

I could feel the electricity again that runs all over my spine arms and knee. i feel like im about to swallow a big pill.

"Hello? Umm are you still there?" He asked

"Yes" i said

"Yes for the dance or yes for the youre still here?" He asked i giggled

"Haha yes for both" i responded couldnt hide the smile

"Okay so im gonna pick you up at 7" he said

"Sure" i noticed he doesnt seem to still have anything to say so i hanged up.

I threw myself on my bed and started rolling that the blankets rolled me up. oh my gosh this is so exciting i mean i was expecting him to ask for the dance but i wasnt expecting him right now. but i wish he asked in person or something that i could see him while he asked.

A couple of weeks later its saturday and my friends texted me that theres a party at Datu's some spanish guy that goes to our school, Archie Datu could be a little more good looking if he smiles at everyone not just his friends or his girlfriend or whatever. i dunno kind of irritating for him throwing a party but not actually social active.

I made it by 9:30 at datu's. The venue was on their rooftop. they made it pretty cool because they decorated the place with lights tangled along the fences and bushes. Hal, max's cousin texted me earlier that he was at new york and he couldnt make it here, but he was actually the one whom invited me here and told everyone that i know that are here but he said he's at new york. i slapped him by the arm and he laughed. i just rolled my eyes at him for being a dick. i was sending texts like what? No!! You cannot be at new york now!

We were at a table filled with vodkas and beers and ashes of cigarettes that actually now i am craving for. i lit up one and listened to their gossip about an unknown girl to me.

"Omg Tamara!!!" Regine ran accross the room just to get to me

"Regine, hi" i said as she hugged me and i hugged back. we are not close but she's the girlfriend of Ram, one of max's cousin. yes i swear to god they have plenty of cousins. i noticed regine has been here for a long time already i think theyve been drinking these empty bottles of vodka. and i think shes drunk because she woudnt give me that kind of hello if shes not.