1.2

Olive was standing getting stuff out of her locker when she felt a hand grab her waist. "Hey, Olive." She immediately knew who it was and turned around to push the hand away. "Get your hands off me Brucks!" The boy just laughed with Kyler.

"You know one day you're going to be begging for us and it's going to be too late." Kyler told the girl.

"You know maybe I should tell Sam about this I'm sure she'll love to hear this don't you think?" She looked at Kyler with a smirk.

"Whatever. Let's go man. Let's go look for that freak with the weird lip." Kyler told Brucks before walking away.

Olive knew who they were talking about she had that boy for two classes and he was always getting picked on because of his lip. She felt really bad for him, they didn't really talk but they worked in a project together once and he was really quiet and was always trying to cover up his lip from her.

****

Later on that day she was walking to lunch and she saw Kyler and Brucks messing with the boy. Eli. His name was Eli, she had remembered from class. She rolled her eyes and kept walking, she wanted to do something so they could stop bothering him but wasn't sure what.

Lunch time came around and she walked towards the cafeteria. She entered, looking around at the screaming teenagers who were mostly the jocks, and started walking to the table where she normally sits with Yasmine and the rest of them. To be honest she didn't really like Yasmine but she would talk to her, so she was being nice by talking to her back. She passed by the table where Eli was sitting with another boy. She recognized him as well, she had him for a class. His name was Demetri, he was pretty funny. She turned to look at them and they both looked away fast, trying to avoid eye contact.

Olive walked up to there table and looked at Eli, he didn't make eye contact with her and kept looking down. "Can I sit here?" She asked the boy and he turned to look at his friend and then back at her. She raised her eyebrows waiting for a reply but got none. The boy looked around to make sure she was talking to him. She smiled, "Yeah, I'm talking to you." He swallowed hard and she could tell he was getting really nervous.

"Um... yeah." The boy said really quietly. She could tell he was uncomfortable.

"It's okay, if you don't want to." She didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable, she knew how hard he had it with people picking on him and didn't want to make it worse.

"No, please sit it's fine." The other boy told her. She looked at the quiet boy for his approval. He just nodded his head slowly, she sat down in the seat next to him.

"I'm Olive." She told the two boys.

"I'm Demetri." He told her, while raising his eyebrows. She smiled at him and then looked at Eli.

"Um I'm Eli." He said, still not looking at her. "I know." She told the boy, making him look up at her with a surprised look on his face.

"You do?" He asked her. She smiled and made eye contact with him. The boy covered his lip and blushed a little. Before she could say anything someone walked up to the table. She looked up and saw Miguel.

"Is it cool if I sit here?" He asked them. She looked at the boys since it was basically their table.

"Sorry, tables really blowing up right now. I can put you on the wait list, but it is probably next semester at the earliest." Demetri told him, she tried to hold in her laugh at what he said. Miguel didn't seem to get the joke because he started to walk away. "No, I'm kidding. Sit."

Miguel made eye contact with her and she smiled at him. He took a seat next to her while putting his plate down on the table. "I'm Miguel." He told the two boys.