2.2

Olive woke up and got ready to go to the dojo later. She passed her hand through her hair, brushing it with her fingers. She got her phone from the nightstand, looking to see if she had any messages. She saw she had a message from Hawk, he told her to meet her at the corner store. She smiled down at her phone and quickly sent a reply.

She hurried down the stairs and saw her mom sitting on the table. Her mother looked up quickly when she heard Olive coming down the stairs.

"Good morning mom." Olive said as she grabbed the orange juice from the fridge.

"Good morning honey." Her mom passed her hand through her hair, pushing it back. She could tell she was frustrated about something.

"Olive?" Olive stopped drinking the orange juice and looked at her mom, waiting for her to keep talking. Her mother continued talking, standing up this time.

"Did you know your brother was back in town?"

Olive felt like if she said yes, her mother would be upset that she didn't tell her but if she lied it would probably have the same outcome. "Yes, he talked to me like two days ago."

She waited for her mom to start scolding her but she didn't say anything for a while.

"I want you to stay away from him, at least until I tell you otherwise." Her mother grabbed her purse and walked up to say goodbye to Olive.

"What? Are you serious? Why? He's my brother."

"Olive, can you for once not question me and just do as you're told."

"No. Just like you said, I have never questioned you but I finally am. I want to know why you don't want me to talk to him. What happened? Did he do something?"

"We can talk about this some other time, I have to get to work, honey."

As her mom was walking towards the door, Olive walked in front of her. Her mom looked at her in shock, not really expecting this from her. "Olive, move."

"Tell me mom. I need to know. Last time he came, he left without saying anything and I want to know why." As her mom was about to speak Olive spoke up again. "And don't lie."

"Olive, I need to get going. We'll talk about this later." Her mom moved past her, towards the door.

"Fine, whatever." Olive walked out the door before her mom could. She heard her mom say something but she ignored it and kept walking.

She walked towards the store to meet Hawk, she was pretty upset. She didn't understand why her mom didn't want her to talk to her brother. It just didn't make sense to her, it was her son. She knew that her mother was hiding something from her and it made her upset that she wouldn't tell her. She looked up and saw Hawk waiting at the corner of the store so she walked up to him.

Hawk heard footsteps behind him and he turned to look who it was. He smiled when he saw it was Olive but his smile faded as soon as he saw the frown she had on her face. She finally got to him and she just quickly smiled at him.

"Hey, we should get going before we're late." She walked past him but she felt a tug on her arm.

"What happened?"

"What? Nothing happened. I just don't want to be late." She pulled her arm away from his grip and continued to walk.

Hawk followed behind her, he could tell something was wrong. Not only because of the frown on her face but also because she was walking pretty fast and she normally liked to walk slow to take everything in, as she would say. Hawk walked in front of her and stopped her by grabbing her shoulders.