1.3

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT!!!

We were at lunch and she was sitting next to Eli like last time. "Cyber bullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. Now I'm not going to name names but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after a group of kids online made fun of his facial deformity." She announced to the whole cafeteria. People started to look at Eli and he covered his lip. She reached to grab his hand under the table and he looked up at her and smiled his eyes filled with tears.

"But today our goal here is to make this school a safe place for all students." Olive rolled her eyes at the teachers speech.

"You know if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo is looking for recruits." Miguel told them.

"You do karate?" She asked the boy.

"Well we did just meet so how would you know." The boy told her with a playful smirk.

She laughed at him and pushed him lightly. She felt Eli's hand squeeze hers tighter. She turned to look at him but he didn't look at her.

"You hear that Eli! A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass!" Demetri told the boy. Of course he would say something like that.

"Well if you keep up with this negativity then you're definitely going to kick ass." Olive told the boy.

"I'm serious Demetri. My sensei is the real deal and I'm sure I could get you all discounts." He looked at the three of them for an answer.

"As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoon playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri answered for both Eli and himself. Miguel turned to look at her for an answer.

"Um ill think about it I'm not sure." Olive told the boy.

The teacher started talking about the Halloween dance and how they had to wear something appropriate.

"Are you going to the Halloween party?" She asked the boys.

"I'm going not sure as what but I am." Miguel told the girl.

"Oh well cool we can meet each other there." Olive told him. She hadn't noticed the look Eli gave her and Miguel.

"What about you Eli?" She turned to look at the boy.

"Yeah, I also don't know what I'm wearing I was just think of finding an old costume."

"Okay well ill see you three at the party then." She told them.

                                         ****

Later on that day she was getting ready for the dance. She decided to go as a sexy nurse. She did her hair and makeup and got her mom to drop her off at school. "Thanks mom ill text you when it's over." She got out the car and felt nervous entering on her own.

Just as she was about to walk inside someone came from behind her and scared her. She screamed and then covered her mouth. She heard laughter coming from the person and she recognized who it was.

"You ass!" She told the boy dressed as a skeleton. "Nice costume."

"Thanks. Yours looks good as well." They walked in together to the party which made her feel better.

She spotted Eli and Demetri standing together watching people dance. She grabbed Miguel's arm and pulled him towards them.

"Hey guys!" Olive said to them. The boys looked at her and didn't say a word. She looked down to see if she had a stain on her costume but didn't see anything. "Um hello what are you guys looking at?" She asked both of them.