part seven: relate

You swear the compound has never been so full.

In the kitchen you have Bruce, Gilgamesh, Rhodey and Peter making food that smells absolutely incredible.

You're pretty sure they're talking about the science of fermentation given Peter and Bruce's science background and Gilgamesh's interest.

"I'm telling you," You listen to Gilgamesh from afar, "kombucha is the way to go."

"I've made it for thousands of years," he adds on casusually.

"I'm pretty sure it's alcoholic," Peter speaks up, "and I'm not even an adult."

"Can you even get drunk?" Rhodey asks, "with the spider metabolism and all?"

"It can definitely happen," Bruce cuts in, "but it'd have to be a lot."

"You should try my brew," Gilgamesh suggests, "it's a combination of mead, wine and beer."

"He's a kid," Rhodey defends, "he shouldn't be drinking that."

"Well soon enough then," he concedes, "Odin taught me how to brew it himself."

"That's so cool," Peter whispers.

You smile at the interaction before turning your attention to the dining table.

At the head of the table there's Thena, with Ajak, Wanda and Phastos next to her. You think they're talking about medieval weaponry, with Phastos looking slightly scared. Phastos' partner is next to him, and Jack is asleep on the couch in the common room.

You see Phastos' partner turn to him, "how was Wakanda?"

You see Phastos's eyes widen, "babe, it was amazing."

His partner smiles, "I knew you'd like it."

"Shuri gave me her contact information and everything! The facilities, they're just- it's stunning," he gushes over the short trip you had.

His partner kisses his cheek, "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

Sprite, Sersi and Kingo are all engrossed in a conversation, you think about some movie Kingo was apparently in. You learnt he was a movie star given the first question he asked was if you saw his movies.

You hadn't.

Makkari and Druig are at the opposite end of the table deep in conversation, their thighs touching as they sign back and forth.

You're leaning against the doorframe watching everyone interact, glass on wine in hand.

Ikaris comes up and nudges your shoulder, "hi."

"Hi," you don't turn your head, but instead watch everyone around you.

"How are you feeling?" He asks softly.

"Overwhelmed."

You can see him nod in your peripheral, "of course."

You turn to face him, "when's the last time you saw everyone?"

"Five hundred years ago," he states.

"I'm sure this is a lot for you too," you reach up and rub his shoulder.

"It is," he admits, "but it's nice that we're together again."

You smile, "I bet it is."

"How about," he leans and whispers in your ear, "we go take a walk?"

You take a sip of your wine, pretending to seriously contemplate it.

You shrug, "I guess we can do that."