part thirteen: reaffirm

It's been two days.

Two days of being in the compound, trying to create a time machine all the while your prisoners stayed silent.

They didn't even talk to each other.

"What happened?" You throw your hands out, exasperated.

"I need you to tell me why," you say, pointing your finger, "why did you do it? I deserve to know."

"Should I be concerned?" Ikaris asks from the doorway of the lab, watching you talk to yourself in the mirror.

"No," you huff out, "I'm just practicing what I'm gonna say to Fitzsimmons."

"I gathered," he walks toward you, "wanna run it by me?"

"No, but thank you," you reach out to intertwine your fingers, "how was the shower?"

"Lonely." He gives you a small smirk and you feel your cheeks heat up.

"Well next time," you lean in closer, ghosting your lips over his, "invite me in."

"Will do," he whispers against your lips, before pulling himself back.

"Wanna grab breakfast?" He offers, squeezing your hand.

"Let me talk to Barnes first," you say, "I wanna know what he thinks the next move is."

"Meet after?" He offers.

"Sure," you smile, before making your way out of the lab.

-

You find Bucky in the gym, taking his anger out on a poor punching bag.

"Barnes," you greet, watching as he swiftly kicks the bag.

"Y/N," he replies, before sending a punch to the bag with his metal arm. The bag snaps off the chain, sending it across the room.

You casually dodge it, raising your eyebrow, "Sam hates when you do that."

"That's why I do it," he flashes you a smile, before going to unwrap his hands.

"What's the plan?" You cut to the chase, following Bucky to the bench.

"I'll think of something," he takes a swig of water, "I'm very creative."

"No torture?" You confirm.

"No torture," he repeats, nodding.

He gestures to the boxing ring with his water, "wanna go a few rounds?"

You shake your head, "I'm good."

"Are you? You have a good reason to wanna punch someone." He retorts.

"Well if I wanna punch something I'll come to you," you hit his shoulder.

"I'll be here," he jokes as you make your way to the exit.

-

You find Ikaris in the kitchen talking opposite of Bruce, who was sitting at the kitchen island.

"Hi Bruce," you greet the scientist before smiling at Ikaris as he hands you a cup of coffee.

"Y/N," He nods, "Have you checked out Phastos' blueprints yet?"

You shake your head, "are they in the lab?"

"No they're actually in the domo, but he said he'd transfer them," he explains, taking a sip of his tea.

You frown looking at Ikaris.

"What is it?" He prompts, noticing your look.

"I haven't been in the domo yet," you say to him.

"I can show you around," he offers, "we can go after breakfast."