Chapter 30 - Surprise Party

Sofie's POV

Finally, it was my 16th birthday, something that was giving me butterflies for the past couple of days. I mean, today is the day I become the age of awesomeness.

We organised to have the party in the hotel room, just to keep things simple. At about 3 o'clock, Johnson and Cameron ushered me out of the room in a hurried fashion so the rest could prepare the room. They didn't tell me that but they didn't need to, it was obvious.

Once we got out into the hallway, Cam said to Jack "So, what are we going to do to kill two hours?".

Two hours? I thought they were just going to blow up some balloons and through some streamers around or something.

"Sofie, where do you want to go?" Jack asked me.

The first place that came into my mind was the mall. So we got a car to the closest mall and got inside, the boys only being noticed by two fans.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" Jack asked me, to which I honestly replied with no, meaning we were going to have to spend the two hours wandering aimlessly around the unfamiliar mall.

We entered some of the stores and strolled around, fingering through the racks in silence.

"Maybe we should go see a movie?" Jack suggested.

We all agreed and went to see Fast and Furious 7. It was good, but all I could think about was my party. Naturally, of course.

Before we left, we went to one or two more stores and I bought Shawn a present, even though it was my birthday.

Finally, we were able to go back to the hotel. I could walk down the hallway without leaping a metre, like a child on their way to Disneyland.

Finally we got to the door. Cam pounded the door and shouted "Are you guys ready?" followed by a "Yeah, come in!".

The door was opened for us before we could even open it ourselves. We strolled in and the first, and only, things that stood out were, as I guessed, balloons and streamers.

Being completely honest, I was kind of expecting something bigger for two hours but I guess I took what I got.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled, like I didn't suspect anything.

Balloons or no balloons, I smiled like a freaking idiot, so happy that they even thought of me.

I was sandwiched in a group hug while they all sung the traditional song, squeaking at the high notes.

"Thanks guys. I really appreciate it" I told them, blushing awkwardly.

"The party hasn't even started yet!" Matt exclaimed. "I think you should open your presents".

Already? Well, I wasn't going to argue with that.

"Ok, so who's first?" I asked.

Matt's hand shot up like a child in school.

"Me! Let me go get it"

He ran off out of sight and moments later came back, but he wasn't alone.

"Happy birthday Sofie!"

"Alexis! Chase!"

I ran up to my two best friends and engulfed them into a group hug. I couldn't believe they were really here! All the way in Chicago.

"Who...what made you guys come?" I asked them in a hurried tone.

"Matt did. He called us up and told us to come over for your birthday" Chase said with a grin.