Chapter 24 - Bowling

*Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter 😊❤️

Nash's POV

After a lot of persuasion, we got everyone to come bowling with us: Even Shawn.

We all entered the bowling alley, causing a small scene because there were so many of us.

We all then strolled over to our lane and sat down on the worn-out leather seats, tying the shoe laces of our used bowling shoes.

I was sitting down inbetween Cassidy and Hayes, who was sat the edge of the sofa, waiting for Cameron to bowl.

"Shit!" Cameron yelled, ruffling up his hair in frustration. He had only hit two pins.

"My go" I said, jumping up and grabbing a ball.

I stepped forward and threw it down, watching it glide towards the pins.

I knocked down 7 pins, which I was fine with.

In the end I got a spare, so I did a little happy dance on the way back to Cassidy.

"Well done" she smiled, placing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You're getting good" Taylor remarked, hitting my shoulder in a friendly manner.

I smirked at him and sat back, looking at everyone else taking their shots.

"Hey, Sofie, it's your go!" Johnson yelled to Sofie.

Her and Shawn were sat at the very edge of the sofa, whispering to each other.

Shawn didn't look any happier than he did before, but I don't blame him. He was obviously devastated. But he could at least faked a smile.

"Nah, I'm good" Sofie simply replied, holding Shawn's hand in hers.

"C'mon Sofie! It'll be fun" Cameron tried to persuade her.

She shook her head, looking away from us.

"Sofia Espinosa, you better stand up and have fun right now!" Matt ordered in a fake military soldier tone.

Sofie sighed and stood up, slumping over to get a ball and walking down to the lane.

She effortlessly threw the ball with no care or enthusiasm and walked back, observing her work.

In the end, she got no score, so she stepped back over to Shawn and sat back down next to him.

I sighed to myself, thinking about what if I were in Shawn's position.

If I were Shawn, would I want to be told who broke my guitar? Especially if it was one of my best friends.

Or should I just let Shawn find out for himself? It seems like the easier option but I don't like keeping secrets. I'm not very good at it either.

My thoughts were interrupted by Taylor shouting "Hey, Nash! This is how a real pro does it!".

Taylor threw the ball down the lane and hit down 9 pins. I pretended it was nothing, but honestly, I was impressed.

No surprise that, in the end, he had gotten a spare. After Taylor's go, he ran up to Matt and told him it was his go.

Matt left his phone on the edge of the sofa and ran up with the ball in his hand.

After the bowling game, which Taylor and Gilinsky both tied first in, we went to the alley's cafeteria and sat down amongst three tables, seeing as there was so many of us.

We ordered food like burgers and fries, and waited for it to come, discussing the game.

I, however, was in full thought about the Shawn and Matt thing. I kept glancing over at Shawn, a guilty feeling in my stomach whenever I did. I so badly wanted to tell Shawn the truth, but that would put me and Matt's friendship on the line.

I ran my fingers through my hair as the waitress placed my food in front of me, winking at me as she did so.

I paid no attention to her, too caught up in my decision to start flirting with some girl I'm never going to speak to again.

Everyone was on their phones and eating their food simultaneously. Suddenly, Shawn strolled over to my table, which Hayes, Matt, Cassidy and Kalea were sitting at with me.

Shawn then said "Matt, can I speak to you outside" through gritted teeth.

Matt looked around awkwardly then stood up, slowly following Shawn outside.

How did he find out? Did Hayes tell him?

I got my phone out and texted Hayes, asking him if he did it.

He just looked up at me and shook his head. If Hayes didn't tell him, who else knows? Or did he find out by himself?

Shawn's POV

"So-" I begun, shoving my hands into my pocket and studying Matt's face. "-Are you going to explain?".

"Explain what?" Matt asked in a confused tone.

"Don't act dumb, Matt, just explain" I said, getting impatient.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, confused, his eyes narrowed at me.

I scoffed and took out my phone, shoving it into his face, showing him the text he sent me earlier tonight. Did he honestly not remember what he texted me?

The text he sent me read: Shawn, Sofie broke your guitar. I saw her leave the room last night.

"I never sent that!" Matt raised his voice, looking at me like I accused him of murder.

"Don't lie to me! Did you or didn't you?" I asked him.

"Then who did?!" I yelled back, confused and simply pissed off. What was he playing at?

"I don't know! Did Sofie even do it?" he asked, looking anxious.

"I don't know either. How are we supposed to find out?" I said, utterly puzzled.

"Wait, just hold up. So, somebody texted you off my phone saying that Sofie did it?" he questioned, to which I replied with a simple nod of the head.

"Maybe....maybe Sofie did do it. And was confessing by texting you off my phone" Matt suggested, running his fingers through his hair.

"Don't even joke, Matt! Sofie would never do that. Especially to me!" I protested, angry at the fact he would even suggest that. Sofie is his sister, he should know better than to think that she would do that for no apparent reason.

"We should just ask Sofie ourselves" Matt begun to walk away before I swiftly grabbed his arm and yanked him back.

"Are you being serious right now?! You can't just go up to Sofie and ask her if she broke my guitar!" I exclaimed.

"But I'm her brother!" he replied, shocked at my response.

"That's not an excuse" I said more calmly. "She's a girl, she'll freak out. You can't just accuse her randomly of breaking something".

Matt sighed and moved from foot to foot awkwardly.

"What should we do then?" he asked.

"I think I might have an idea" I replied.

********

OMG GUYS, MATT'S LITTLE SISTER JUST HIT 10k!!! You guys don't even understand how amazed and shocked and extremely grateful I am. I begun writing, just thinking that I was gonna get about 50 reads. But here I am, with people asking for updates and voting for the chapters. It means so much and I would just like to say thank you 😘