Chapter 12 - Haters Back Off

Sofie's POV

I woke up to the sound of heavy snoring, followed by 'Matt, stop trying to bite my nipple!'.

Rubbing my eyes, I rose up and looked around me.

Most of the guys were deep asleep while Nash, Matt and Hayes were awake, messing around with each other.

'Hey guys' I mumbled, yawning.

'Hey' they all replied.

I grabbed my phone from where I had left in last night and started scrolling through my notifications.

I got tagged in three Vines last night. I looked at the first one, which was on Cameron's page.

'Awww guys ❤️ Shawn Mendes Sofie Espinosa' the caption read.

It was a video of Shawn and I snuggled up together, asleep while Cam was just saying 'Awwww'. I secretly smiled and moved on to the next one.

It was on Matts page and it read 'Sleepover with the squad'.

It was just clips of the guys messing around. I moved on to the next one which shocked me.

It was on Nash's page and the caption said 'Hayes, you thirsty'.

It was filmed while most of us, including me, were asleep.

It was Hayes saying 'Yeah, I like Sofie, so what?'. He didn't even notice he was being videoed.

Did Hayes really have a crush on me? Oh God, this can't be good, I'm dating Shawn.

I decided I would just ignore it and pretend I never saw it. That was the best thing to do, right?

Checking through my other notifications, a lot of it was hate.

I had to admit, the words stung.

Slut, worthless, whore, attention seeker, just a number. They can make a person feel like their definition.

I never expected it to go this far. I'm not even famous. I'm a famous persons little sister. What have I ever done to them?

I kept re-reading the words. Playing them over and over in my head. I began to believe them. I now know that that's what I shouldn't have done, but I can't correct myself now. I've already made myself feel like shit.

All the guys began to wake up, yawning and stretching their arms out.

I needed to get out of here. I ran straight to the bathroom, my phone still in my hand.

I sat on the edge of the bath, staring down at my phone screen.

'Go kill yourself and stay away from the guys. They don't want you'.

'Stop being a slut just for attention'.

'Attention whore. Go die'

I felt tears fill in my eyes.

I just couldn't look away from the screen. I just couldn't let go.

A single tear rolled down my face followed by a second. And a third and a fourth.

Those words stuck to me like glue. I couldn't shake them off and it made me feel like the words they called me. Words hurt more than pain itself.

'Sofie? You okay in there?' I heard someone shout from the other side of the locked door.

I couldn't make out who it was. I didn't want to know. I just wanted to be left alone.

'Y-Yeah, I'm fine' I sniffled, holding back tears.