Chapter 22 - Broken Dreams

Sofie's POV

I woke up to the sound of Nash and Matt screaming and running around, something I've gotten used to.

I yawned and stretched my arms out, exhausted. I rose up and shuffled across the carpet into the bathroom.

I stripped and turned on the shower, getting under the hot fosset, letting the hot water fall.

I got out of the shower reluctantly and wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body.

I got changed into light washed ripped jeans, a wine crop top and high top converse.

I dried my hair and let it fall, almost reaching the bottom of my back, not bothered to do anything with it.

I returned to the hotel room and sat down on my bed, suddenly hit in the shoulder by a water bottle.

"Sorry! I got you a drink" Nash apologised.

"It's fine, thanks" I replied, opening the water bottle and taking a sip.

"Any ideas for today?" Matt asked everyone, plugging his phone into it's charger.

"No idea. We'll ask the others later" Nash replied, shrugging.

Suddenly, there was a loud and impatient knock on our hotel room door. Matt jumped up and swung open the door, revealing Shawn who's eyes were bloodshot and his face red with rage.

"Who was it?!" Shawn roared, storming into our hotel room, raging.

Matt, Hayes, Nash and I had just woken up and were alarmed when we heard Shawn yelling, and soon enough he was in our hotel room.

"Woah, hold up, what happened?!" Matt asked in a confused tone, trying to calm Shawn down.

"Who did it?!" Shawn shouted, ignoring Matt's attempts.

I was so puzzled and my lack of sleep wasn't helping to function my brain. Why was Shawn so mad?

"Shawn, seriously, just tell us what happened?" Nash said calmly.

"Some asshole broke my guitar!" Shawn yelled, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Whoever did it, I swear to God I'm gonna kill them!"

I'm gotta admit, Shawn looks so hot when he's mad. But now is not the time to be admiring him. Who would do such a thing? Shawn's guitar is basically his life. What cold hearted person could bring themselves to destroy Shawn's prized possession.

I glanced over at Hayes, who looked the opposite of guilty. Would Hayes really have stooped that low?

"Hayes?" I said through clenched teeth, staring.

"Hayes, you didn't do it, did you?!" Nash asked with wide eyes.

"No! I swear! I'm not that mean!" Hayes swore, his hand placed over his heart.

I know it's unlike me, but I honestly am reconsidering my thoughts about Hayes doing it. He seemed pretty innocent. On the other hand, my mind might just be playing tricks on me.

"I can't believe this.." Shawn said, running his fingers through his hair frantically.

He kept repeating that same sentence, over and over again. I tried to comfort him, but he just wouldn't listen. I don't know how we're gonna make this better.

"Maybe, uhm, maybe a fan snook into your room last night and did it" Nash suggested.

"A fan wouldn't do that, they adore him" I stated.

"True" Nash nodded in agreement.

Shawn however had blocked us all out, sitting down on the floor in distress. I honestly so shocked that someone could do this to him.

I walked over to him and sat down next to him, shoulder to shoulder.

I didn't really know what to say. I've never been in this situation, especially with a boyfriend. I was completely lost for words.

I kissed his cheek and held his close, hoping that it was enough to make him know that I cared.

Shawn wiped his damp eyes and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for overreacting" he murmured.

"Don't be sorry man. That guitar meant a lot to you" Nash spoke up.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out who did it" Matt said, patting Shawn's back in a comforting way.

Nash's POV

For a while, all we did was try to make Shawn feel better. It was hard, but I think we cheered him up a little bit. I hated seeing him so sad.

What kind of asshole would do that to Shawn though? Nobody hated him. He was nice to everyone. How could somebody put him in a position like that?

I left Sofie and Shawn together for a bit with Hayes and Matt. I needed to shower.

I strolled into the bathroom and quickly shut the door.

Just as I was about the undress, the door burst open and Hayes walked in, like nobody's business.

"Nash, I think I know who broke Shawn's guitar" he blurted out.

*******

This is such a short chapter, I'm so sorry! I wanted it to end on a cliffhanger, sorry 😂😏😏😏

Don't forte to Vote and comment 😘😘😘😘