Chapter 17 - Fans and Guitars

Sofie's POV

'Cam just texted me. They're going downstairs to meet some fans. Coming?' Shawn asked me, raising up from where he was sitting.

I'll admit, I had to think about it. Fans can be bitches, but I have to deal with them right. I'm sure most of them will be nice.

'Sofie?' Shawn said, shaking me from my thoughts.

'Yeah, sure, let's go' I replied, getting up and following Shawn out of the hotel room.

Our hands clasped together, we strolled down the hallway and entered the elevator, travelling downstairs to the lobby which was probably packed with fangirls.

As I suspected, I was right. Before we even stepped out of the elevator, you could hear screaming.

Shawn looked down at me with a comforting smile and squeezed my hand.

I smiled back and took a breath, walking towards the crowd of fans with Shawn beside me.

'Oh my God, it's Shawn!' A girl screamed, running with all their speed over to Shawn and I, her iPhone pointed at us as she ran, probably videoing the whole thing.

'Hey' Shawn said cooly, smiling at the girl as many more ran over, screaming their heads off.

Watching Shawn speak to his fans really showed me what kind of guy he is.

He doesn't act any different around his fans and he treats them like best friends. He's such a kind and genuine person. I feel so lucky to be in my position because I know hundreds of girls would want to.

While Shawn spoke to the fans and took pictures with them, I scanned the room, looking for the rest of the guys.

They weren't hard to find, because almost every single girl that wasn't speaking to Shawn was surrounding them.

I could see the guys happily talking to the fans and taking pictures, being the perfect role models they're made out to be. Y'know, except from Hayes.

I stood aside after being pushed away by fans eager to speak to Shawn, so I did what the fans wanted and kept out of the picture, going from foot to foot awkwardly.

Just then, three girls with smiling faces came up to me and said 'Are you Shawn's girlfriend?'.

I was hesitant to reply, but I knew I had to. 'Yeah, I am'.

'You're so lucky. I wish I could be you' one girl sighed.

'Yeah, you're so pretty' another said, grinning at me.

'Oh, thanks' I said, unsure of how to take the compliment.

I talked to them for a small bit until they bounced away to speak to the other guys.

I couldn't stop smiling after that. It made me notice that there were nice people.

After the guys had spoke to every single girl in the lobby, we regrouped and decided to go out for some food.

We exited the hotel, choking on the breeze as the cool, outside air overwhelmed us.

Shawn clasped my hand in his as we followed the rest of the boys, keeping a couple of steps between us and the guys.

'Where do you guys wanna eat?' Johnson asked everyone.

'Subway?' Carter suggested, looking around for agreement.

We all nodded and walked towards the nearest Subway and entered.

We all sat down once we got our food and instantly began eating.