Chapter 33 - "I'm Proud of You"

Shawn's POV

I reeled over what to say to Sofie in my head. I surely didn't want to jump to conclusions, I wasn't an actual singer yet, but I trusted Sofie and the urge to confess to her about the recording pulled me.

Nash had already returned to the hotel room so I thought I might as well follow him too. When I returned, everything was just as I left it. Nothing was tense, everybody was chill and on good terms. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

I looked at Sofie, her eyes half open like a sleepy puppy's. I tossed the idea of telling her around in my head again, and soon enough, she had noticed me staring at her.

Her eyebrows raised in confusion, a standard was of asking "what do you want?". I gave her a lazy smile and beckoned for her to come out to the hall.

The sound of the hotel room door was accompanied by Matt's "Hey, hey, where are you two going?".

I almost sighed but I restrained myself, spinning around to answer with a simple "Walk".

I was more confident being with Sofie now. It was out in the open, and Matt was definitely loosening up a bit. Although clearly not completely loosened.

I escorted her along the hallway, enclosed by the slightly worn out wallpaper which matched the thick carpet underneath our feet. My hand instincts found its way to her back, gently leading her to where I wanted her to be.

We stopped and I looked at her. I was nervous. Why was I nervous? I mean, it's a big deal. A huge deal really. But I was just telling her. I guess I was nervous about telling the boys, knowing that once Sofie knew, telling them would have to happen soon. It meant that there was an inevitable end to Magcon. Eventually, we'd all have to go our own way. The thought definitely scared some, but, guilty, it excited me.

Sofie's eyes looked into mine, her shorter height calling on her to look up. I smiled down at my girlfriend and began to tell her the news I had gotten.

As I spoke, her eyes widened, her mouth hung open, her feet couldn't stay still. She was excited for me. A strange, selfless excitement. She engulfed me in a hug as soon as my mouth shut.

"I'm so proud of you"

I felt a warm reaction to that statement in my stomach, the heat filling me up, bringing a good mood with it. For a moment, I forgot about everything that had happened. Hayes, Nash, Matt. It was just us, essentially planning our future.

The future, huh. Now this is what scared me. I broke away from the hug and looked again at her, a sudden, new question racing in my mind. What will happen to us?

If I was smart, I'd break up with her, give me and her time to grow and find ourselves, but God, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

Her eyes beamed up at mine and suddenly, I knew what I had to do.

Nash's POV

I've never felt guilt like it. Over a girl? I felt so idiotic, knowing I almost risked half of my friendships for one girl. Look, I like Sofie. I do. Almost thought I loved her. But she isn't worth that risk.

I had respect for Shawn. He was smart, talented, friendly and the girls liked him. I started to think was it jealousy that made me like Sofie. No, I really like her. Do I? I don't know.

They say you want what you can't have. Is that what drew me to her? Who knows. At least she'll be leaving in less than 2 days. I won't see her as often and this whole thing will blow over. Shawn can look after her and I'll keep my distance. That's it.

It's a shame, though. I wanted to look after her, to hang around with her. Friend or more than a friend, I cared a lot about her.

All of a sudden, Shawn came back into the hotel room, as if intruding into my thoughts. I didn't meet his eyes, I didn't have the courage yet. From the corner of my eye, however, I saw his eyes glossy, as if he was crying. Before I could even make a sound, Cameron walked over to him. A whisper of "Are you alright?" left Cameron's mouth, but no reply was given.

I looked at Matt. His face told a story of confusion. I knew what he was wondering.

"Where's Sofie?" he said, a slight stern tone in his voice. He rose from his seat, not breaking eye contact with his little sister's boyfriend.

I knew what no one else knew. Shawn's career was about to take off. It's possible he couldn't handle having a girlfriend all the while.

But my brain told me otherwise. Shawn really cared about Sofie, and liked her a lot. I looked at the now intensifying situation before me. I thought to myself I should find Sofie and see what had happened, see if she needed help.

I quietly left the room, suddenly realising I had no idea where Sofie was. However, I didn't have to look hard, I could hear her.

Light sniffles came from around the corner of the hallway. I followed the sound and was met with a puffy face and red eyes.

I immediately asked her what's wrong, assuming she would say she's fine and complicate things. But she surprised me with what she said. I didn't expect it. It came like a rock through a window, shattering every single bit of glass. Everything was now ruined. Everything.

Tense is the word I'd use. Everything from then on would be a world of tension, where every single boy in that hotel room would be aloof for weeks.

To be honest, I felt quite useless standing there, knowing there was nothing I could do. It all came as an unwanted surprise.

Hello!! I'm back. I've grown out of Magcon really I've really grown up in general these past couple of years. But im going to finish this story with you guys. I'm starting a new chapter in my life but I felt it was right maybe to finish this book off. I really hope my writing has improved and that you're all still loving the story. I miss wattpad, I just miss writing in general, so I think I might come back with a fiction novel over the summer! Let me know what you guys think of that, and also what you think of the book! Thank yall so much for supporting it and getting in contact with me to say y'all loved it, I really appreciate it. Continue enjoying it!! xxx