3. Cihan

Aspen only came home on Sunday for a couple of hours. And next weekend he wouldn't come home. They worked in shifts. This month it was his duty to guard the royal family. Last month he only guarded the main hall and the wall around the castle ground. He had more free time and train time then.
Aspen told him he was very popular among the guards already. Thought it did seem to bother him a little.

He had told Cihan that in this kingdom men could marry men and woman could marry woman. But Cihan hadn't seen it before and all he knew was that you would get yourself killed with things like that. So he didn't really believe him when he said half his friends had a little crush on him. And he laughed and did promise his brother to not engage in anything with them.

Aspen had reassured him that visiting was perfectly fine. He might not have time to show him around but they could chat for a little. As long as he was careful and didn't come at a late hour. Aspen didn't want him alone on the street at night.
Cihan had started work extra early so that he could leave a little earlier with a little basket of spicy Vegetable buns. He wrapped them up in thin paper so they would stay a little warm until he reached his brother. He made a lot of them just in case he had to bride some guards again.

It was a little odd how the guards at the first gate smirked and knew his name when they greeted him and let him pass without trouble.
They said his brother had to be around Elliot somewhere or the crownprince.
But Cihan wouldn't go anywhere near a prince!
There weren't as many guards practicing today but that was probably because it was a little later today. It was a little after dinner. But Aspen could eat whenever so he didn't worry about the buns being eaten.

He didn't want to go past the inner gate and in the courtyard so he slowed trying to see if his brother was anywhere else.
He asked the guard at the gate. He had no clue who the men was but they grinned, took the buns with a big smile and told him to just walk in.

You didn't just walk into a castle did you?

Apparently you did.

The courtyard was quit large. Big tiles everywhere and a large fountain. A lot of people where walking around. Servants working, some kids running around or nobles enjoying the weather. He didn't wanne bother anybody but after a while he ended up asking a nice looking woman who sent him to the gardens. On the other side of the castle.

The gardens where the most wonderful place he had ever seen.
Huge fields filled with every single vegetable you could imagine . And beautiful flowers everywhere. You could tell they where beging cared for by someone who knew what he was doing.
Sadly not to many of the spices he loved. Maybe he could give a couple of seeds to the garden crew if they would like it...

Someone who seems like a kitchen clerk was filling a big basket with food. And he saw a men working with two guards a couple of meters behind him watching.
When one of them spotted him he waved like a maniac.
Of course that was Aspen.

He laughed and walked to him.
"Hello my little Ahaji !" Aspen greeted him.
He regonised the other men as one of the three on the horses from last time. The brown haired one with the scar.
"Ashaj, i made some Gurgu." He patted his basket. Aspen grinned wide.
"Oh yes! I really needed that I was starving!"
"I am sure they are starving you terribly!" Cihan giggled and rolled his eyes.
"Oh yes! You can't tell yet but if you don't feed me soon I might lose all my muscle."

Aspen held out his hands and he gave him a bun. He started eating it right away.
"Would you like some, sir?" He asked the other one.
"I am Elliot. Yes sure! What is it?" He asked politely.
"Spicy buns with some spinach, tomatoes and other stuff. They are so good!" Aspen answered for him.
Elliot smiled and thanked him and tasted it.
"Mhhh! They are good!" Cihan smiled satisfied.
The older gentleman walked up to him causing both distracted guards to blush a little and apologize.