13. Cihan

The grant ball in honor of the kings birthday was marvelous. The music, food and wine and the feeling like you where floating on clouds made him feel drunk.
Cihan wore one of the clothes he had been gifted.. The deep teal Fabric was wrapped around him. It not only looked stunning, it was more comfortable than anything he had ever worn. He looked like a real medirean prince. If he had worn one of the crowns that had been hidden in his gifts even more so. But that would just feel weird. He wasn't a prince...

He had been nervous, but as he descended the great stairs to the ballroom with Eli by his side and Aspen as his guard in his back and Luca waiting at the bottom. He really didn't have anything to worry about then.

The night was full of laughter and dancing and it seemed he was never alone.
Luca was pressed to his side and used his royal glare to scare anyone away who tried to sneak its way in their presence.

When Cihan went to find some water he knew Isaac followed in his shadow.
He was planning on asking the little scholar to come with him. But seeing as his job was to guard Cihan they both decided against it.
Most likely he just told him no and this was just an excuse.

"Oh oh... vultures are closing in." Isaac mumbled when Cihan filled his glass.
With a frown he turned around to see the lady of kernam walk straight toward Luca.
"Who does that woman think she is?" He wondered out loud.
"She probably thinks the same about you." Isaac said.
Cihan scoffed and sipped some water. The wine was getting to him.
"Aren't you gonna....."
"I trust Luca. Besides he can take care of himself. " Cihan said.
If he ran up to them now they would just start talking behind his back even more.
That he was jealous and all.
So he just watched as Luca respectfully told her to sod off.

"When are you leaving?"
"Elliot is saying goodbye to his family today. Tomorrow morning we will go to the ship. I'll have to say goodbye to everyone here at breakfast." Cihan mumbled.
"Are You regretting it?"
"No.."
He shook his head.

"Not at all. I have to do this Isaac. I have to know what happened to them. If they are truly dead. And if maybe some part of my family is still alive. I just... I have to."
Isaac nodded.
"I know.... It's just. Gonna be so boring without you."
"Obviously."
They laughed and decided to bring Luca out of his misery by returning to his side.

The night was wonderful in every single way.
And then it was over.

He woke up wrapped up in the strong arms of his love.
And took his time to prent his face into his mind. As if it where the last time.
Storming season could take up to three months or if it was a bad year sometimes even five. But he didn't tell Luca that. Cause he would want to come with him if that where the case.

Cihan whisked some stray hairs from Lucas sleeping forehead.

"I'll miss you. If I don't come back. You'll find someone new."

Yellow, thanks for reading! Okay I finished it. Not sure about the ending but I'll start uploading them. One chapter a day or something.
The second one is almost complete as well! Yey! And the first one has 15k! 🥰

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote and follow! And eat a red velvet cupcake!