Chapter 7: Too Many Ho Ho Ho's

Third Person's POV 

"Santa, I need you to look forward and put on am smiley face." Bernard said as he, Curtis and the Toy Santa walked into the toy factory. "Say hello to your elves." 

"Ho ho ho!" Toy Santa said. "You're all doing a wonderful job!" 

"Santa, when you said the bigger wheels, is this what you meant?" An elf asked, stopping in front of them with a toy race car. Toy Santa glanced at the two head elves before looking to the builder elf. 

"Ho ho ho!" Toy Santa exclaimed. "You're doing a wonderful job!" 

"You're doing great." Bernard said as the builder elf walked away. "You could dial it down a little on the Ho Ho Hos, but otherwise, you're gold." 

"Ho ho HO!" The Toy Santa exclaimed, walking away as Bernard nodded to him. "HO ho ho!" Bernard turned to Curtis, sighing in relief as he rolled his eyes. 

"Why don't you just say it?" Curtis asked. "You were right, Curtis. I was wrong." 

"Okay, okay." Bernard said, raising his hands in surrender. "I admit it. They're happy, they're working hard, Heidi doesn't know about Santa, everything's going to be fine." 

"You know, this book is very interesting reading." Toy Santa said as he walked over to them. "There's a lot of rules right here at the North Pole they're not following." 

"That's what I've been saying all along." Curtis said, causing Bernard to look at him. "Things have gotten a little too sloppy around here." Bernard looked offended, about to lay into Curtis about what he said, but was cut off. 

"Yes!" Toy Santa exclaimed. "And sloppiness means mistakes, and mistakes aren't a good thing!" Bernard looked at Toy Santa, shocked, while the toy looked around before looking at Curtis. "I think I might have to make some changes around here." 

"What did you have in mind, boss?" Curtis asked, excited, as he and the toy walked away from Bernard. 

"Let me show you." Toy Santa said. 

"Okay." Curtis said. 

"There's many things." Toy Santa said. "Look here." Bernard watched them until they were out of sight. 

"Bernard?" He heard. He turned and saw Joey standing there. 

"What is it, Joey?" Bernard asked. 

"Abby asked me to go find Heidi but I don't know where she is." Joey explained. "Do you?"

"No, but I'll find her." Bernard said, sighing. "She couldn't have gone that far." 

"Oh, and by the way, the viewing room is locked."  Joey said, before Bernard could walk away. "None of the elves could get in to watch if the kids were good or not." 

"Alright, I'll figure out." Bernard said and walked away to solve the two new problems on his plate.