Chapter 20: The Wedding

Heidi's POV 

I was lucky enough to be Carol's maid of honor, while Charlie was dad's best man. 

"By the powers vested in me, by me..." Mother Nature started. "...I now pronounce you Santa...and Mrs. Claus." And that was it. I officially have a new Stepmom. "Well, go on, now. Kiss her." Dad and Carol turned to each other and kissed. All the elves awed as I smiled. 

Then, the clock struck, and Dad turned back into his jolly old self. Belly, beard and all. We all cheered. 

"Dad, we got to go." Charlie said. 

"Oh, we got to go." Dad said. "Walk me to my sleigh." We all had to maneuver through the crowd of elves to the sleigh. "Watch out, guys. We got to go. Get back and start making some more toys." I stopped in front of the sleigh and turned to Bernard. 

"I guess this is goodbye." He said, sad. 

"Not yet." I said, making a confused expression grown on his face. "You expect me to leave this soon without a goodbye kiss? Shame on you, Bernard." He chuckled as he took my hand. 

"I'll be waiting for you." He said. 

"I know." I said and kissed his cheek. I squeezed his hand before letting go and getting up in the sleigh. I sat between Charlie and Dad. 

"Alright." Dad said, putting on his gloves. "Well, Mrs. Claus, you might want to get some rest. You see, tomorrow beings vacation season for me, which means a 3-month honeymoon for us." Carol and the elves giggled as dad grabbed his hat and put it on. "Ah, nothing tropical. You do not want to see this in a speedo." She laughed as he took the reins. 

"Don't be home too late." She said. 

"And so it begins." Dad said, glancing at us. "Boys, we got some toys to deliver. Hyah! Hyah!" The sleigh took off as I waved to all the elves. "Oh, by the way, Heidi." I looked at dad and he gave me a knowing look. "Use protection." 

"Dad!" I whined, hiding my face in my hands as he laughed.