Chapter 21: Lucy

Heidi's POV

I looked and saw Charlie walking downstairs while carrying a very sleepy Lucy. 

"Hey, Luc." I said, causing her to look at me. 

"Heidi!" She said, reaching for me. I chuckled as I took her from Charlie's arms. "I missed you." She hugged me and I hugged her back. 

"I missed you too." I said. "But there's something really important me and Charlie wanna show you." 

"Lucy, watch this." Charlie said and she looked to see the chimney grow and dad fall down from it. Her smile grew as dad walked into the living room and the chimney shrunk behind him. Dad walked over to us, waiting for Lucy to figure it out. 

"Uncle Scott?" She asked. 

"Do you have any twos?" Dad asked. 

"Go fish!" She said. "You are Santa! I knew it was you all along." 

"And you were right." Dad said. 

"Uncle Scott, you look all rosy." She said, poking his cheek. "Are you feeling better?" 

"I'm feeling much much better." He said. 

"Is there anything else I should know about?" She asked. 

"Besides the fact that Heidi's dating an elf?" Charlie asked. 

"Charlie!" I scolded as I punched him playfully in the shoulder. 

"I don't know, but you know, I think Charlie and Heidi have something they want to tell you." Dad said. 

"Okay." She said and looked at us. 

"You know, I was exactly your age when we found out our dad was Santa." Charlie started. 

"But we couldn't tell anybody." I continued

"I can't tell anybody either?" She asked. 

"No." I said. 

"But knowing isn't a burden." Charlie said. "It's a gift. You know, most kids stop believing in Santa when they grow up." 

"But we get to believe in him forever." I said. 

"I love you, guys." She said and hugged us. "Thank you." 

"We love you too." I said as we smiled at dad. 

"But do I still get toys?!" She asked, as she let go and turned to dad. 

"If you ever get to bed and go to sleep like the other kids." Dad said, holding her face in his gloved hands. 

"Oh, okay." She said. 

"Merry Christmas, Lucy." Dad said. 

"Merry Christmas, Santa." She said. 

"Sport, me and Heidi got to fly." Dad said. I passed Lucy to Charlie and kissed her head. 

"I'll be back soon." I said. "Love ya, Luc." 

"Love you, Hei." She said. I walked over to dad and held on as we flew out the chimney. We got into the sleigh and dad took off. 

"Easy, boys, easy." Dad said, stopping them in midair. "And you're getting it, Chet." I looked down and saw Charlie holding Lucy. We waved and they waved back. Dad pet Comet, who was stuck on the back for eating too much candy. 

"Merry Christmas, Comet!" Lucy said and they waved again. So we waved back and my two younger siblings hugged. 

"Alright, boys!" Dad said. "Hyah! Ho ho ho! Hyah!" We flew off again and Chet started fooling around as we flew. "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!" Chet broke formation. "They're all in a straight line, Chet! Chet!" The young reindeer just laughed. "CHET!"