𝟝𝟘 • (𝕃/𝕟)-𝔸𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕟 ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕟

(F/n)'s POV

How am I suppose to save you?

Who is that? What is that sound? There people coming. I closed my eyes to focus. Now that other people were near Levi, I could see what they were seeing. I could never to that through Levi because of his Ackerman blood.

It was lightly raining. They were a couple meters away from a forest by a river. The land smelled of blood, smoke, gas, and a titan. A small, steaming titan was curled up into a ball. Levi bloody dismembered figure laid on the grass. The Yeagerist... and Hanji... Hanji!

Hanji went over to hold Levi. In the exact same way, I was holding him. Her hands gently cradled him and propped his arms up.

I spoke to her. "Hanji." I said. In the physical world, she reacted shock which could be masked ad her being shocked at Levi's state. "Act natural and remain calm. Just listen. I've never used this on you before."

'Can you save him?' Hanji asked me subconsciously.

"I don't know how." I answered. "But listen to me. You're not saf-"

"No idea what happened, but lucky us. Our biggest threat is a bloody mess." Floch stood over Hanji looking down at Levi's figure. I stopped talking to listen in and Hanji focused her attention where she was.

"I'll put a hole through his head." A Yeagerist offered.

"He's dead." She confessed. My heart broke a bit when she uttered those words. "A thunder spear blew up in his face. The blast shredded his insides, killing him instantly."

"Let me see." Floch said. "I can take a pulse, too. Let me see him." He calmly demanded.

Everyone surrounding Hanji attention was brought to a titan sucking in steam. That... wait, the children saw Zeke. Nothing else matter, but getting Hanji to safety. Now that they're distracted, she could get away from them.

"Hanji, the river! Take Levi with you!" I told her. She jumped into the cold body of water with Levi. My ears were submerged with the sound of ear filling them, gunshots, and yelling.

I exhaled. I disconnected from Hanji. I was conscious was back in the path.

"Maybe it's time to give up." A defeated voice said. My head snapped over to Kahira's direction. She spoke again, "They always get their way. My brother... Eren, they weren't meant to have the power they got, but they have it, and they do what they want with it. They're both selfish. Selflessness has gotten us nowhere. It's better to just help them."

I reacted so fast. I slapped her across her face. I watched as she fell to the ground. She held her cheek and looked up at me.

"Just because you couldn't save Issac doesn't mean I can't save Levi." I said clearly. "I don't need Eren's help for this."

"You don't even know how." Kahira said with a calm tone. Unlike me, she's been here for centuries, she's been watching and waiting for centuries. That must numb her reacting largely.

"I am you. I am suppose to do what you couldn't." I said. I couldn't let him die. I was suppose to protect him.

"Were you?" Kahira stood back up. "You came as me. You are me. And I didn't succeed." I couldn't bring myself to form a decent response. "Don't you see what's going to happen? I know already know and you haven't even lived it yet. You can hear it all, you can see it all, you can feel it all— every time an Eldian gets shot... on either side. You can hear every scream and plead for mercy. You can feel the death happening. When you lived your time in the after life only feeling your people's anguish then you have someone like Eren spawn, you lose hope. You do."