𝟝𝟚 • ℝ𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

||| (F/n)'s POV |||

I delayed Zeke before he could act. "Enough." I said. My eyes fell upon the two men in front of me. I walked towards the two of them. "Eren..." I couldn't even make myself smile towards him. I held onto his cheek and gently brushed my thumb against him.

Before, I didn't know how any of this would play out. This was where it always stopped, but now that I'm here, I know everything... who lives, who dies, what is lost, what is gained. I wanted to avoid this choic as much as I could, but that the moment I didn't have the luxury for that anymore.

I've been stuck being reactive to everything in my life. This is the one moment I had to be proactive and hope to Ymir I could forgive myself.

"Zeke, there is something you want to show Eren about your father." I said. "To prove he was brainwashed. Let me guide you all, I've been here many times."

I invited them all to join me inside Grisha Jaeger's memories. This is where we watched their father pick up a crying baby Eren. Zeke's resentment of watching his father enjoy a life forgetting his first family was very evident. I know Zeke hoped Eren seeing this would help Eren understand that their father has brainwashed him into thinking the way he does now.

I continued guiding them forward. I take both of them a little further into their father's memories and shows how Grisha used his profession as a doctor to get close to people in power in order to track down the king and the Founding Titan.

Eren claimed he was no longer brainwashed. However, Zeke insisted that I continued, and I did.

We all watched how Grisha conducted his investigation, which eventually leads him to the church built above the underground chapel. Both of Eren and Zeke are shocked by how quickly Grisha found it, since he would not take the Founding Titan until the day Wall Maria falls, but I remained indifferent.

Grisha located the trap door leading to the cavern below, but apprehensively closed it and left the church. He returned home and hugged Eren. Zeke was stunned to learn that Grisha was able to delay the completion of his mission out of love for his second son.

I brought them to the Jaeger family basement, where we all continued to observe Grisha, who has fallen asleep at his desk.

"I'm sorry, Zeke..." Grisha muttered in his sleep. Zeke was taken back. He stared at his father. Grisha opens his eyes and suddenly stood and looked directly at Zeke in confusion. "Zeke, is that really you?" They locked eyes only for a second.

Grisha slumps back in his chair. "It can't be. That bearded man can't be Zeke. It's just a dream." Grisha sat sadly. Zeke was still stunned.

I opened the door behind leading out of the basement. "Next one." I ordered. "Next memory, Zeke."

"What is this?" Zeke questioned.

"Are you two working-"

"I'm only guiding you through your father's memories." I stated. "Let's proceed."

By the time we got to memories when Eren was nine years old, Zeke figured out that Eren was never brainwashed. I wasn't proving anything. I was simply showing the two brothers their father.

We passed through many more of Grisha's memories up into Grisha went back to the the chapel to confront the royal family.

Grisha pled for his family, since his house is near where the Wall broke. He tried to reason with Frieda. "The people you are leaving to die do not know anything of their ancestors' sins because the king has erased those memories. So how can innocent people being eaten by Titans be atonement?" Grisha screamed towards her.