𝟘𝟡 • 𝕍𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖

Your POV

I cut off my locks for a much shorter style. It was now shorter than Mikasa's but a bit longer than Eren's. (If you want a reference, picture at the top.) Now that that's out the way. We can figure this out.

|||

I walked out on the field for training. Everyone's eyes widened at me. "Woah! (F/n)! I love the hair!" Sasha cheered. I smiled at her comment.

"Yeah, it's hot." Jean commented. Eren rolled his eyes and shoved Jean. "You look great, (F/n)." Eren said.

"Nice," Mikasa said.

Armin gleamed at my hair. "You look amazing!"

"Hey, not fair, no one ever notices when I get a haircut." Connie said, causing the group to laugh at his comment.

I thought people weren't going to care, but a lot of people took note of my hair. It's a good thing I wasn't at breakfast then, I would have to hear all the murmurs and whispers that early in the morning.

Captain came out to the field. "Everyone grab your horses and gear up. You have 15 minutes to report back." Everyone left the field and I was about to follow suit until my name was called by Captain Levi.

Levi POV

I definitely noticed the hair change. I don't know what was happening inside her head, but I did know she was battling a lot of inner demons after seeing her last night in the library. It was actually painful to watch her in that state, she looked so frustrated, so broken, so defeated... so vulnerable. It was a reminder that no matter how strong she was she's just human.

Something within her has changed that's for sure, especially in her eyes. What used to be lost eyes and a small spark of determination. I thought her hair looked really nice. With her short hair, you could see her face better.

"Cadet (F/n)." I said. She walked up to me and saluted. "Do you think you can do this exercise? Has your ankle healed?" I asked. I remembered she hurt her ankle at Trost. She nodded to answer both of his questions.

"Okay, join the recruits." I told her. She started to walk off. "(F/n)." My mouth said that before my brain even gave contest to the action. Something within me wanted to see a smile on her face, something within me just wanted to know that she was okay. I don't know where this need of caring for her well-being came from. I don't know if the note helped her, I hope it did, but that was something that I most definitely was not going to ever bring up.

She turned around to face me. I have to say something now. What would you say to her? "I-", just say what you were thinking before. I cleared my throat, "I think your hair looks really nice, I can see your face better this way." It flowed right out of my mouth like water.

Her usual stoic expression was replaced by a soft smile. With that, she walked away. I did that, I made her smile. That made me way happier than I should have felt.

I forgot Mike, Hanji, my squad, and other squad leaders were with me for this one. The others didn't really care much except for Mike who raised a brow at me and Hangi who had her wide ass smile on her face. "Wipe that look off your face, Four Eyes, you too, Human Dog." I snarled at them.

Your POV

Everyone's comments made me happy. It was a change, but it was a good one. I knew I'd get my friends' support, they are always there for me, but the Captain's as well. I smiled as I walked by myself to the others. Being validated by so many people was very new to me, but I like it. I didn't expect everyone to be so welcoming and kind. No one really acted any different when they found out I was mute, they were simply really curious and kept asking questions. The only difference now is sometimes my friends would carry a sheet of paper and a pen around so that I could communicate with them. Captain Levi did the same.