Fucked up badly

"You- WHAT?!" Lucas asked in disbelief, "You're That famous silent killer or whatever they call you? Every fucking mafia wants to have you working for them, Avery-- you're a killing machine..."

"I know, thanks for reminding me. I need to question Vincent for what he did...I know that hating dad really wasn't the real reason why he did what he did and I know that you know it too." Avery said, staring at her brother.

"I also know that becoming what you've become wasn't because of what happened to our family." Lucas spoke.

"So, Avery, tell me the real reason..." He added, emphasizing on the last two words, "why you started killing people. What got you into that in the first place?!"

"When I ran away, I met a man. His name was Jackson Lewis and he was somehow involved in the underworld. He took me in and taught me things." Avery paused, taking a deep breath.

"Soon, I became his most prized possession. I started to become better and better at what I was doing then I became the best. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing what I did...but It made me forget the pain...the sorrow...the loneliness...."she trailed off.

"What made you quit?" Lucas asked, curiously.

"Well...Jackson had a son- his name was Ryan and he wanted...us to marry to each other. I was only sixteen and that bloody idiot wanted me to marry his probably fifty years old son!" Avery replied, clenching her fist in anger.

"Fifty?!" Lucas asked in disbelief.

"Okay no...not fifty but he was twenty six and I was sixteen!!" Avery replied, shaking her head.

"Alright..continue." Lucas said, gesturing her to proceed.

"Ryan was the definition of stupid. As soon as he learnt about the decision his father made, he started to get excited and tried to get close to me but I didn't let him.Then He accidentally told me that his dad was the leader of the Mexican mafia and he was the heir and he also told me that his dad ended the whole light wood family so that they could steal his arms but they didn't find any since Jace already took them all. At that moment, I was so damn relieved that I didn't tell them my real name...you know what? I never really told anyone my real name after that incident with our family."

"What name did you tell them?" Lucas asked to which Avery shrugged, "Something like...Jane? Yeah, Jane Thesaneone."

"Thesaneone?" Lucas asked, furrowing his brows which made Avery replied, "The sane one- I combined those three words all together and here you go- a freaking surname!"

"Avery, let me get this clear...you were working with the Mexican Mafia and you were even arranged to marry his son?!" Lucas asked, running a hand through his hair.

Avery slightly nodded and asked while offering a sheepish smile, "I did not fuck up that much, did I?"

"You were about to become the Mexican mafia queen, Ave- and now you're here, staying with the Italian-American mafia who are their enemies! If they find out about those pretty little arrangement that went on between Ryan and you, you're gonna be a threat in their eyes. So yes. you've fucked up pretty badly." Lucas replied,nodding.

Avery threw her head back and groaned, "So I guess, I better get the fuck out of this place, change countries and get a new identity. It was nice seeing you alive, brother."

"What the hell Avery?! You are not going anywhere! I'll talk to Jace and I will tell him that you are Avery- I'm...sure he will understand..." Lucas said, in a very unconvincing tone.

"Yeah-- you really should work on that. When my maid told me that her husband was pregnant, she sounded more convincing than you." Avery responded while laughing, "She was a funny woman- you might wanna take lessons from her."

"Whatever." Lucas mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Did I mention that Ryan has been looking for me? Did I mention that he still is? If I did not then here you go." Avery said with an innocent smile which made Lucas blink his eyes a few times, asking himself if that woman is seriously telling him all that with a smile.

"This is not funny, Ave." Lucas said in a serious tone, "You cannot leave this place- I assure you that if Ryan is looking for you, this is the only place where he will not search. He won't even dare to set his foot here. If you leave this place now, you will be in more danger than you ever was. And if you leave this place without interrogating Vincent, we will not be able to avenge our family!"

"So what do you want me to do?? If I tell Jace, he is going to be extremely happy...of course..before I tell him what I did- then he is going to put me in a freaking cell! If I get out of here, Ryan will catch me- according to you." Avery mumbled, "I've come to the decision that.. I will tell Jace that I'm not any Ava- I'm Avery and then leave the rests in god's hands.What do you say about that plan, brother?"

"You should tell him right now..about everything...he will not consider you as a monster or as an enemy...well to be honest- I don't know what he will consider you as but we will find out soon. Now let's go, I'm with you." Lucas spoke.