Date

Both Avery and Jace were getting ready for their date. Jace told her that they'll be going to dinner but he didn't tell her where. He said that it would be a surprise.

Avery wore a red off shoulder dress with her black heels and let her hair fall on her back while Jace wore a black classy suit.

When Jace was done getting ready, he went downstairs and waited for Avery. After around five minutes, Avery came downstairs looking as beautiful as ever.

Jace smiled at her. "You look stunning."

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself..." She complimented him back.

"Let's go." He said and held her hands as they walked to the car. He opened the door for her like a gentleman then closed it after she got inside. He then went into the driver's seat and started the car.

"You didn't tell me where we are going." She spoke while staring at Jace who was staring at the road.

"You'll see" was all what he said before the drive went silent. It wasn't an uncomfortable or awkward silence— It was a peaceful one.

After what felt like hours, Jace finally pulled the car to a stop and got out then he opened Avery's door and she got out also.

He brought her to a restaurant. It wasn't any restaurant— it was one of the best and most expensive restaurant.

Not just anyone could go there and eat. You have to know the owner or you have to be someone important to be able to go— you have to be someone renowned.

Avery gasped as she stared at the restaurant in front of her.
She always wanted to come here but unfortunately for her, she couldn't risk revealing who she is nor did she have the time to.

He placed his hand on her lower back as they walked inside the restaurant. The restaurant was empty as Jace reserved the whole restaurant for their date.

They were leaded to a table by the staff and they gave their orders. They talked about random things while waiting for their food to be ready.

After around ten minutes, their dinner was ready and were served to them. They ate in silence and when they were done, they didn't leave immediately.

They chatted a little more and got to know each other more than they already knew then they left the restaurant.

"Thank you." Avery thanked Jace as they walked to the car. Jace glanced at her and raised his brows. "Why are you thanking me?"

"I've had a great time and it's all thanks to you, so thank you." She smiled.

"You don't need to thank me, love. I'd do anything to make you happy. Just say the word." He said with a wink which made her laugh lightly.

She stopped walking which made Jace stop too.

"What happened?" He asked, wondering why she was no longer walking.

"Just..." She cut herself off by placing her lips on his, kissing him softly. He started kissing her back almost instantly.

"I like you, a lot." She said in between the kiss, even though the feeling she was feeling was more than just like.

"I think I'm falling for you" he confessed, placing both his hands on the side of her neck, "And I know you are too."

"I am." She replied as he continued to kiss her. They parted away when they were both out of breath. He smiled softly at her, "Let's continue this at home."

"Home." She repeated. "I like the sound of that." He smirked and kissed her one last time before they left the place.