Chapter 11

Ever since Lauren surprised me with the new office we have been teasing each other now and then nothing more than that we just meet up in the company and we have a lot of work to deal with if not i will be in the hospital visiting my father. My dad condition is getting worse i feel hopeless i want to make him happy but it's hard to fulfill his need by managing the company and finding a decent partner. from the day when Shawn rejected me i feel like i'm making a big deal out of it and it's useless but deep down in my heart i feel like this is the best thing to do for my dad i want him to be happy.

" Are you okay Ms.Cabello?" my body trembled with fear hearing someone behind me i turned to see Lauren, " Oh Hey Lauren i didn't hear you come in "

" I knocked six time i guess you were busy with your mind, Care to share? if you don't mind of course i just feel worried you have been zoning out lately in meetings and all"

i smiled warmly she never fails to touch my heart

Lauren POV

" Can i share with you something been bothering me ever since i hope you would give me an honest feedback on it no hard feelings as a friend " Camila said.

'As a friend' that stabbed my heart i faked a smile and nodded.

" Lauren our families are best friends i'm sure my fathers condition is well known to you and what we are facing these days. Let me cut it short my dad want me to fulfill his dream which is me getting married i'm not sure if it's the right thing to do under these kind of circumstances or not i'm afraid to do it and regret it and at the same time i want my father to be happy i feel like i'm losing him everyday is getting worse i can't de-" she couldn't continue and broke into tears, it aches my heart seeing her like that i handed her a tissue and she smiled thanking me.

" Do not think like that Camila you don't know what has god left for us in the next days, i'm sure he will get well sooner than you think, also marriage is a big deal your aware of that?

" i hope so i have faith, Yes it is a big deal that's why i don't want to rush things just into marrying anyone i actually offered Shawn tha-"

"SHAWN?" i felt a knife really poking my heart right now, "Yes Shawn Mendes i believe you know him he's your friend?"

How could she ask him such a thing, i mean he's a douchebag a jerk i mean with the thing going on between us i thought she started to develop some feelings. For god sake we almost had sex how can she do this here and there ask that shit of a man to marry her.

" Can we continue this later on Camila? i remembered something urgent to get done now call me later on thank you" i got up without looking at her or waiting for a response from her and immediately left her office to go to the parking lot to have some fresh air i need a relief a cigaret will do.

Camila POV

" Good evening mom, how are you tonight? " i kissed her cheek as i took a water bottle from the fridge, " Are you okay mom?" i looked her weirdly i tapped her shoulder, " AH sweetheart since when your here " she placed her hands on her chest scared.

" I'm sorry i scared you, Is everything alright? " i asked worrying because she's been spacing out a lot lately. " mom your worrying me right now can you please give me a piece of your thought. is it about dad? " she shook her head and turned to face me, " Then what? "

" don't worry dear your father is sleeping right now he is fine but Can we please sit down first so i can ask you something? " she said, " Yes sure let's go to the dining room" we went and sat on the couch my mom was acting weird and obviously nervous i don't know what for but it's giving bad feeling about it, " Mom you know whatever you want to ask i-'