Chapter 17 - Back At The Starting Line

A week before Future World Fes...

Location - Family Restaurant

Your POV

Future World Fes was fast approaching, and since I am a part of the Roselia group once again, I wanted to do everything in my power to help them get pass that first stage. To help them prepare, Roselia has been coming to CiRCLE a lot within the last few weeks, doing band rehearsals and all of that, and I made to reserve the same studio room for them everytime they show up.

And now, me and the Roselia girls are at the family restaurant after another intense rehearsal session. The girls were going to discuss what song they were going to use for next week, but it was easier said than done, especially because of how many songs they have written.

"Alright, before we go home, we need to decide on what song we're going to use." Yukina said.

"That might be a challenge, though." Sayo said with a small sigh.

"Well, we do have a lot of songs..." Lisa began.

"And not a lot of time until Future World Fes gets underway!" Ako finished.

"It'll be okay... everyone." Rinko said..

"Rinko is right, you don't need to feel stress about it. Just pick a song all of you can agree on." I said.

"A song all of us can agree on, huh?" Yukina said for a moment.

And so, Yukina had everyone picked one song, even I had to do it. We all picked one song, and had to put it to a vote afterwards. But even after doing all of that, we couldn't come up with a decision. It felt like we were back at the starting line.

"This is getting us nowhere." Lisa said.

"Agreed. If we can't agree on a song we want to do, then we might as well give up our chances in participating in Future World Fes." Sayo suggested.

"What?! I don't want that!" Ako panicked.

"Ako, don't shout like that." Yukina scolded.

"S-Sorry."

"I can understand... how you feel though, Ako-chan." Rinko said sweetly.

"Me too." Lisa added. "I want to be in Future World Fes as much as the rest of you, but it might be impossible if we can't make up our minds."

"But what if... we don't pick the right song... to help us... get passed the first stage?" Rinko asked nervously.

"Don't think like that." Yukina said.

"Minato-san?" Sayo questioned.

"I promise that I am going to get us passed the first stage, even if I have to do it by myself." She said.

Nice to know that Yukina is so determined about this, but it doesn't change the fact that they still need to pick a song. I stayed silent as I looked through all of them.

"(Y/N)-kun?" Yukina asked as she looked towards me.

"Yes?"

"You haven't anything in a while. Are you okay?" She asked with a worried expression.

"Oh, yeah, I am." I said.

"Are you thinking about what song we should do?" She asked.

"I was, and I think I had an idea on what to pick."

"What is it?" They asked as all eyes were looking towards me.

Having everyone looking at me like this was starting to make me feel nervous, but I couldn't back down now.

"Well, I think that there is a song that you girls should go for." I said.

"And what that might that be?" Sayo asked.

"What about... Yakusoku?" I suggested.

"Yakusoku?" They all asked at once.

"Well, yeah. I mean, you all promise each other during the last few weeks that you would pass the first stage of Future World Fes, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did." Yukina said.

"Then why not go with this song?"

They looked at each other, unsure about my suggestion. I mean, they have been practicing a lot of songs, so I can't blame them for that.

After a few minutes of silence, Yukina cracked a smile.

"I think it is a fine idea." She said.

"Minato-san, are you sure about this?" Sayo asked.

"Yes, I am sure." She replied with a smile. "I trust (Y/N)-kun 100%, and if anyone has a problem with that, then you might as well leave yourself."

The others looked each other again, but then, Sayo spoke up.

"Very well. I'll also vote for performing Yakusoku." She said.

"Really? You too, Sayo?" Lisa asked her.

"Yes. I feel like it'll have a significant purpose if we use this song." She replied with a smile.

"Lisa, Ako and Rinko, what do you think?" Lisa asked.

They thought for a moment, but if Yukina and Sayo were able to come an agreement, then they wouldn't have to think very long.

"Alright, if you want to use that song, then I'll do it as well." Lisa said.

"I don't mind as well!" Ako said excitedly.

"I have... no objections." Rinko said with a small smile.

"Then it is decided; we'll sing Yakusoku for the first stage." Yukina declared.

Everyone nodded their heads in an agreement, and once that was taken care of, we all left the restaurant and headed home as it was starting to become dark.

To be continued

A/N: That is for chapter 17 and I hoped you guys liked it. Will Roselia make it to Future World Fes this time around? Only one way to find out... See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)

[Word count - 914]