2 - Ruby Red

Ivy

Ivy

The pair of strong firm hands massage my back, untying all the knots and tangles of my back muscle. My skin glistened from the sweet smelling oil.

"Hmm, that feels really good Rosa." I moaned as her magic hands worked vigorously, rubbing my body like soft clay.

"You feel so tense, miss. Hard day at work?" She asked. I know she doesn't really care and she is only asking since it would help make me more relaxed. But I don't really feel like divulging personal problems to a stranger so I decided to be vague about it.

"Not exactly. Just family problems."

Scents of lavender waft gently through the air, lulling me, making my eyes grow heavy as I let myself relax and succumb to the lady's expert treatment.

Another hour passed before I finally got up for the next part of my girl's day out. Putting on the white robe, I stepped outside and joined my sisters, Leana and Bianca in the lounge outside. Both of them had already made themselves comfortable and their feet already dipped into a foot bath.

Noticing my presence, both of their beautiful aqua orbs shifted towards me.

"Ivy!" Bianca waved enthusiastically at me. Calling me to join them.

All three of us might be sisters, but they both were lucky enough to take after my mother's side while I end up like a feminine version of my father. The only thing I inherited from her side appears to be her height as she too was quite petite.

I sometimes wished I had at least gotten her dark chocolate tresses which both my sisters had, my own sandy brown against my tan skin always makes me feel washed out. I could have colored it, but to be honest, I've never liked the idea of having too many chemicals in my hair.

Bianca holds up a bottle of nail polish in each of her hands.

"Which one?" She pushed the nail polish towards me, asking for my opinion. "Lemonade or water park?"

If you haven't guessed yet, it's a choice between some kind of neon green or blue color nail polish. I just shrugged at her.

"Lemonade?" I said. Honestly, I don't really care. I'm more of a traditional red nails type of gal. But Bianca is the artsy type in the family, she's more adventurous when it comes to these bold color choices.

"What color are you getting?" Leana turned her head and asked me.

"Please don't say ruby red." Bianca immediately said before I could answer her.

I just went ahead and picked up the red color and ignored her comment.

Bianca sighed dramatically when she saw my choice.

"Seriously Ivy, you should pick one that you actually like, just this once." She said, frowning a little over my decision.

"But I do like this color," I said defensively. I do. Ruby red is the color best to exude power while still appearing elegant, according to my team of expert personal stylists.