4 | four

"So what you're saying is that he called you cute?!" Scarlett asks me, desperate for an answer

I nod my head, rethinking back to yesterday.

"Girl, if you don't get your man." She says and takes a sip of her coffee, shaking her head disappointedly.

I sigh, "I just met him, Scar."

"So? Time doesn't matter, it's love at first sight." She shrugs.

I look down picking at my nails. Is it really love at first sight? Do I even believe in that?

The bell above the door of the cafe chimes, signaling someone else has arrived.

"Angel?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up and I'm met with the sea blue eyes I was just thinking about.

"H-hi." I shyly say.

I let my eyes travel down his body, analyzing him.

He's wearing a plain black shirt with a green jacket over it

He's wearing a plain black shirt with a green jacket over it. Black pants with a belt and black socks too. For his shoes he's wearing some sort of black dress looking shoes and a watch and a ring for accessories.

He looks so sexy.

"My eyes are up here, angel." Killian says. I trail my eyes all the way up to his. He's smirking at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I clear my throat and I blush. I look away, embarrassed that he caught me checking him out.

"S-sorry." I apologize.

"No need to say sorry, Eve. Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?" He asks with a tilt of his head.

As soon as he said that I remembered that Scarlett has been watching our whole conversation.

I blush even harder at that.

"Scar, this is Killian. Killian, this is Scarlett, my best friend." I introduce the two of them.

"She is always talking about you. Like, Killian this or Killian that. It's honestly adorable." Scarlett states, matter of factly.

I groan and hide my face in my hands. I hear Killian laugh and it sounds so angelic. Like music to my ears.

"Don't be embarrassed, angel. I like that you talk about me with your friends." I bring my face out of my hands to see him lick his lips. I see something flash across his eyes but it's gone as soon as it came.

He looks at his watch and then says, "I gotta get going now. Hopefully we'll run into each other again." He says and smirks slightly at me.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "But aren't you going to get coffee or something?"

He chuckles at me,"I only came in here to say hi to you, angel."

I blush at this, "O-oh, okay." I smile at him.

"See you soon." He says and he starts to lean in. My eyes widen and I'm frozen in place. I soon feel his soft lips on my forehead. My eyes close at the feeling and I sigh.

"Goodbye." He walks out of the cafè and out of sight.

I turn back to Scarlett, realizing that she saw the whole thing.

She gapes at me with her mouth wide open.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I tell her.

She closes her mouth, "You never told me he was that hot!"

I roll my eyes at my best friend.

"He literally kissed your freaking forehead! How are you not freaking out about this?" She asks me like I'm crazy.

I shrug and smile at nothing, "I don't know."

"Wow, it's getting pretty hot in here." Scarlett starts to fan herself.

I slap her playfully on the shoulder, "Shut up."

"You guys will be so cute together!" She starts to ramble on about me and Killian.

"Your babies will look so adorable." She gushes.

I widen my eyes at her, "Scar, we are not having babies."

"Not yet at least." She winks knowingly at me.

I laugh and shake my head at her. This is how Scarlett always is. I've only been with one man so far but Scarlett never liked him. I always tried to get her to, saying how he was the man of my dreams. She tried to warn me but I didn't listen. I realized she was right. He cheated on me and then dumped me. I cried for a good two weeks.

Scarlett continues on talking about me and Killian's babies. I don't even try to stop her this time.