26 | twenty six

(a month later)

(a month later)

There are many people in the world that you love and hate. The people you love, you'd do anything for them. You'd take huge risks, do stupid things, take a bullet for them.

The people you hate, you would do anything to stay away from them, to not see them, talk to them, be near them.

Everleigh is one of the people that I love. The main person that I love. I'd do anything to make her happy, to see her eyes light up, to see that smile that could make any room brighter.

Her laugh. Her cute habits that she doesn't even know she does.

The way she talks about her bakery even though I have no idea what she's saying.

I never thought I'd find someone as perfect as her.

And I'm going to make her mine, forever, tonight.

~~~

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The front door opens to reveal my angel in a beautiful dress.

"Happy birthday darling, you look beautiful as always." I kiss her plump lips. Fucking addicting.

"Thank you! Everyone is already here." She drags me inside and I'm greeted by my family, Nick and Martha, and Cinnamon.

Everleigh didn't really want a huge party and we made sure she got what she wanted.

We talk and laugh for a good hour and most of the time I have my eyes on Everleigh as she interacts with everyone.

We get told that the cake will be out soon and everyone should start gathering around in the kitchen.

As I start walking towards the kitchen, I'm pulled off to the side by Nick and Martha.

I raise an eyebrow at them and Nick nods his head towards his office.

I oblige and follow them.