20 | twenty

I stir the pot of noodles that sit on the stove in front of me

I stir the pot of noodles that sit on the stove in front of me. I decided to take today off from work. There isn't any particular reason as to why I've taken a day off.

As I turn the burner off, my phone rings.

The contact name reads, my sugarplum, so I click on the green button to answer the facetime call.

"Hi sugarplum!"

"Sugarplum?" Killian says in his deep and raspy voice.

"Yup! That's my new nickname for you. I hope you like it." I fidget with the hem of my shirt as I await his answer.

"Call me anything you want, darling." He chuckles.

"Sooo," I drag out the 'o'. "Why'd you call?"

"Just wanted to hear your voice, darling." He puts an arm behind his head as he stares me.

"You're so cheesy sugarplum!" I coo at him as he groans and runs a hand through his hair.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Are too."

"Wait." He pauses and I burst into a fit of giggles.

"I got you!" I stick my tongue out at him.

He throws me the bird in return.

I prop my phone on the counter so I can dump the water out of the pot.

"What are you making baby?" Killian asks as I bring the pot over to the sink and pour all of hot boiling water out.

"Pasta. My father used to make it, actually. I would ask him for it all the time. It was my favorite food in the world." I smile as I think about him.

"I'm sure your father was an amazing chef." He says softly.

"He was." Tears begin to form in my eyes but I'm quick to blink them away.

"Anyways, how was your day?" I ask him.

"Boring." He responds.

"Why?"

I grab a bowl from my cabinet and pour all of the noodles into it.

"Because you weren't there."

"Stop being so cheesy sugarplum!" I laugh and Killian laughs with me.

We talk for a little while as I get my pasta ready. I move my phone over to the dining table and take a seat. I then prop my phone on the vase that sits in the middle of the table.

"Angel."

"Yes?" I furrow my brows at his tone.

"I was thinking, would like to go out on a date with me? I know we've been on a few other dates but I wanted to take you somewhere." He hesitantly asks.

"Really?"

He nods at me.

"Of course I'll go on a date with you!" I grin at him.

"I was afraid you'd say no." He runs a hand through his hair.

"Where are w-" I'm cut by the ringing of my doorbell.

I send a confused glance to Killian.

"Are you expecting someone?" He asks me.

"No."

"Bring the phone with you baby."

I grab my phone and walk towards the front door. I look through the peephole and my heart drops.

It's him.

"Who is it angel?" Killians voice asks me.

"U-uhm," I can't even form a coherent sentence. I can feel my panic attack rising and I try to calm myself down but how can I? Rick is standing on the other side of my front door.

"Baby, I'm coming." I hear him grab his car keys and the sound of his door shutting. Then the sound of the car engine starting.

"Open the door, Everleigh!" Rick shouts and pounds on the door.

Please god, not again.

"Baby listen to me. Go into your room and lock yourself in the closet." Killian's frantic voice comes through my phone.

I try to move my legs but I can't.

As I hear Killian's frantic voice directing me, the front door unlocks and I drop my phone, creating a loud banging noise.

Ricks smirking face soon comes into view.

"Did you forget that I have a spare key?" He waves the key in my face as if taunting me.

"W-what," I'm cut off by him roughly pushing me onto the floor. I groan in pain and he crouches down beside me.

"You disobeyed me, little lamb. We could have avoided all of this if you would have just listened to me. All I wanted was you." He trails his hand down the side of my thigh and I try to push him away but he holds my body still.

Suddenly, he stands up and I take this chance to knee him in the private parts.

"Fuck!" He shouts.

I try to get up but am pulled back by my ankle which makes my hit my head hard on the floor. Warm liquid flows down my forehead.

"You stupid bitch!" He punches me square in the jaw. Then, he throws another blow to my face.

"P-please stop!" I scream.

He kicks me in the ribs so hard, I stop breathing for a few seconds.

"You just never listen don't you?" Rick laughs but it's more of a psychopath type of laugh.

"I never wanted to do this to you, little lamb." He sighs and begins to take my clothes off. I attempt to push him away with my hands but he pins them above my head and uses his free hand to rip my shirt off.

"Why did you have to choose him over me? I could have given you everything. We could have been happy. We were going to get married and have children!" He shouts in my face.

I'll never be with someone like you.

I try and hit him but he punches me again in the face. He does the same to my stomach multiple times and I'm sure there's gonna be lots of bruises.

Black dots appear in my vision and I try to keep my eyes open.

All of sudden, Rick is being pulled off of me. I hear a worried voice yelling at me to keep my eyes open and Killian's familiar face comes into view.

"Baby! Stay awake for me!" He picks me up and I try to do what he says but sleep starts to take over me and I'm soon engulfed in darkness.

_______________________

Happy Easter!

This chapter is so bad but hope you liked it. Chapter twenty one and twenty two will be out soon <3