5 | five

My fingers move swiftly across the keyboard as I type in a new document for work

Stacks of paper surround my computer, a coffee mug sits to the left of me. I'm so concentrated on my work that I don't hear the door to my office open.

"Killian." The voice speaks softly.

"Killian!" The voice says, but this time it's louder.

I snap my eyes away from the computer screen and towards the door where my mother stands with a plate, of what I'm assuming is food, in hand.

"You really should stop overworking yourself, baby." She says, walking closer until she's standing beside my desk. She gently places the steaming plate of food in front of me and just by the sight of it, my mouth begins to water.

I run a hand through my hair, "I'm sorry mother, I just need to get this last paper sent to the company and then I'll take a break."

She gives me her stern face and I smile nervously at her.

"Alright, just make sure you take care of yourself because I haven't seen you come out of this room since this morning. And get yourself cleaned up." She kisses my forehead and gives me one last stern look before exiting my office.

I look back at my computer screen, 4785 characters.

I turn it off and begin to eat the food my mother made me.

~~~

I slip into the warm shower. Water cascades down my body and onto the shower floor.

I wash my hair with my axe shampoo and conditioner.

I wash my entire body with soap and I soon, rinse it off.

As I'm wrapping a towel around my lower half, my mind travels to Everleigh. I wonder what she's doing right now. Is she thinking about me?

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and I walk into my closet to pick out a few clothes.

I decide to just settle with black sweatpants and a hoodie.

I walk downstairs and towards the kitchen, the sound of laughing and talking is heard.

I walk in and my parents and siblings are all together at the counter, laughing.

I take a seat in front of them and the talking stops.

I raise an eyebrow at them, silently questioning them.

Blade smirks at me knowingly and I furrow my brows at him.

"A little birdie told me that you were with a girl the other day?"

My eyes widen slightly but I quickly hide the shock on my face, "What? I don't know what you're talking about."

I shift uncomfortably in my chair and look around for an escape route.

Aurora leans forward and narrows her eyes at me, "Are you seeing someone?"

"No." I lie.

We continue to stare at each other until she leans back.

"You are seeing someone." She declares.

I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"How long?" Blade asks.

"Only for a few days. We just met and we're only talking nothing else and she probably already has a boyfriend."

He shakes his head, "What if she doesn't?"

"And how would you know?"

"One of my friends work at her bakery and said that he never sees her with a man only some girl."

A little smile makes it way onto my face. Maybe I do have a chance with her.

"Aww, my baby is seeing a girl!" My mother exclaims and rushes up to me to shower me in kisses.

"Mom!" I laugh and she keeps kissing all over my face.