Chapter 9 - Mean Girls and Popcorn

Alison's POV

The sunlight looked over my face before blinding me in the eyes.

"Oh, fuck." I cursed.

After blinking a couple of times, my eye sight came back. And so did yesterday's events.

The memories hit me like a truck. James, and Adrian. He was my hero. I looked back at my bed, seeing Adrian's face nuzzled in a pillow. How I didn't see him when I woke up, I don't know.

Adrian slowly began to move towards the end of the bed, and fell off.

I laughed, I couldn't help it.

"Oh, fuck." He said, repeating how I woke up.

I helped him up and he caressed my cheek.

"Ali, I'm so sorry." He said, engulfing me in a hug. "If I knew, I would never have let you go home by yourself."

I didn't reply but let him hug me for a few more seconds. Damn, I felt the blood rushing through my veins (another Ariana Grande reference). There was some crazy electricity happening here, and I hoped it wasn't just me.

"We need to tell the police." He said firmly.

"No, we can't." I pleaded. The tears were coming back to me. Why was it so easy for me to cry?? 

"Yes, we have to. He could hurt other girls, Ali." He pleaded.

"I know, but not right now." I argued. "I'm... I'm not ready."

He looked at me and hugged me once again.

"Okay. But when you are ready, I'll be there for you." He smiled. I nodded as another tear escaped my right eye. 

Adrian announced that he'd wait for me downstairs while I took a shower. I scrubbed my body until my skin was red. I felt disgusting after how James' had touched me, so I was desperately scrubbing myself, hoping that it would somehow erase what had happened to me yesterday.

More tears came out. I couldn't stop them. I sat in the shower, with my face inbetween my knees. The water was still running and some drops occasionally splashed into my eyes.

"Ali, we have to leave soon!" Adrian shouted from downstairs.

I cleared my throat and shouted back an okay. I stepped out of the shower one foot at a time and began to blow dry my hair. When my hair was dry, I tied it in a high ponytail.

I wasn't really in the mood to pick a cute outfit, so I went with a simple top and shorts, paired with my white gladiator sandals.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard a conversation. Hiding behind the staircase, I eavesdropped.

"I swear, you will regret doing that to Ali." Adrian threatened.

"Aww, you two are on a nickname basis. Well, let me remind you that I was the one kissing her, not you." James replied smugly.

"And let me remind you that you're never going to lay a finger on her again."

"You like her don't you?" James laughed. "She's never going to want a virgin like you."

"At least I'm not a manwhore like you." Adrian pointed out.

James fake gasped. "You didn't deny that you liked her."

My stomach did butterflies. Adrian liked me? Then there was silence.

"Tell anyone, and I'll report you to the police." Adrian threatened.

I popped out behind the staircase, acting like I just came down. As we walked out the door, Adrian smiled at me as if that conversation had never happened.