Chapter 8 - You Ruined the Bacon

Alison's POV

I woke up seeing that Adrian was already awake. Hearing the clatter of pots and pans downstairs, I assumed that he was making breakfast. I slid into the shower and stripped off my pyjamas. I made the water a bit colder than usual, to wake me up. I was in a happy mood. And it was all because of Adrian. Last night he made me happy, and I hadn't been that happy in a long time.

I couldn't help ponder why he left his home. I figured that he didn't have the best relationship with his family, but the way he talked about them leaving him, it was almost like they were forced out of his life. I came up with all these crazy scenarios. Did they have a big argument? Maybe it was something to do with why his family moved out of Australia. Too many questions, but no answers.

As I blow-dried my hair, I decided that I was having a good hair day and left my brown waves out. My face also didn't look too bad, so I left it make up free. I wrapped my towel around my body and began searching for an outfit. I wanted to impress Adrian. What? Why would I want to impress him? It wasn't like we were dating or anything.

Shaking those thoughts out of my mind, I decided on a black shirt, jean shorts and a flannel to go around my waist. I chose my favourite white Converse and headed out the door, not forgetting to take my phone out of the charger before closing the door behind me.

"I SMELL BACON!!!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs. 

Adrian was in the kitchen laughing at my reaction. My pink heart apron was tied around his waist, with his black long sleeves rolled up. Wow, he didn't know how much I loved it when guys rolled their sleeves up.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Oh, your mum told me to tell you that she loves you and is headed to Europe." He said slowly, waiting for my reaction.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it. She was going to leave sooner or later." I brushed it off, putting on a fake smile.

"Maddy and James already left for school." He added. I nodded. 

We were mute for a few seconds, the only sound coming from the sizzling bacon. 

I attempted to grab a piece of bacon from the plate, only to be slapped by Adrian's hand.

"Nope. You have to wait for the rest." He teased.

"No, you don't understand my hunger for bacon right now! You don't want to mess with me when I'm hungry, mister." I stated, poking my finger at his chest.

"Try me." He smirked.

Oh, he is so getting it.

Seeing the determination in my eyes, he ran before I could get him. Chasing him around the house for a solid 3 minutes, I stopped when I smelt something burning.

"The bacon!" I yelled in pain. The bacon's pain of course. And my heart. Yep, that was in pain too.

We ran over to the pan and turned off the stove.

"Great, you ruined the bacon." Adrian pouted.

WHY WAS HE SO DAMN ADORABLE?!

"I ruined the bacon?!" I questioned. "You were the one cooking it. I was merely a bystander." I put my hands up.

"Then I guess we have to share the bacon..." He looked at me and smirked. Adrian grabbed the bacon before I could stop him and ran away. I cornered him in the living room and tackled him to the ground. He started tickling me. He didn't know what he was up against.

When people tickled me, I kicked and shoved until they would stop. One time I even bit a girl.

"ADRIAN!!!" I squealed.