Chapter 7 - Confessions

Recap: Adrian's POV

I was glad Adrian apologised, but I just needed some time to figure everything out. Just two days ago, everything was normal. Why couldn't things just go back to the way it was? (note the Ariana Grande reference;))) A tear escaped from the rim of my left eye. I quickly wiped it away and plastered a fake smile on my face.

I was going to get through this.

Alison's POV (continuing from Chapter 4)

Should I have told someone? Claire and Cameron deserved to know. We told each other everything. I mean, this was a big deal. James forced himself onto me. What could he have done if my mum hadn't come up those stairs? 

"Why was I ashamed? I tried to stop him. This wasn't my fault." I thought to myself.

I got through the school day without any more encounters with James, thank God for that. But what would I do when I got home? It's bad enough that we went to the same school, but now he'd be everywhere. There was no escape. I could always stay with Claire, but that would mean I'd have to tell her.

I was walking home, thinking about all the shit in my life when I saw Adrian sitting on a park bench. What was he doing there? It looked like he was writing something in a book.

"Aww the bad boy has a diary". I cooed as I sat next to him. His eyes met mine and the book closed in a flash.

"Oh, hey Ali." He smiled.

I was glad to have company. These couple of days I'd felt so alone.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I kinda live here now." Adrian said, gesturing his arms to the area around him as he spoke.

I turned my head slightly in confusion.

"Why would you live here? Don't you live with your parents?" He tensed up. Why were his parents a sensitive subject for him?

"No, not really. They live in Seattle." He looked at his feet while he spoke.

"Then why did you move here if you had no place to stay?" I asked.

"Can't you just mind your own damn business for once?!" He burst out.

"Sorry." We apologised at the same time.

"I shouldn't have asked so many questions." I said quietly.

"And I shouldn't have gotten mad." He replied.

"Since you don't have a place to stay, you can crash at mine until you figure it out?" I asked. What was I saying? I should've thought this out. Stupid brain. Why did I have to be so generous?

"Really? You would do that for me?" Adrian's face lit up. I couldn't back down now. It was like saying no to a crying child who asked you for candy. Hey, it happened. He was crying and hugged my leg, but I didn't have any candy on me so I gave him $5.

I nodded as he packed his things up. After he said thank you a couple more times, we walked in silence. But it was a nice kind of silence. Like when you have your friends over but you're not even speaking because you're both on your phones.

I unlocked the door to my mum in the kitchen.

"Alison? Who is this boy?" She asked, disgusted. Wow, could she make it any more obvious that she didn't like him?

"His name's Adrian, and he doesn't have a place to stay so I told him that he could stay with us." I asked, annoyed.

"Uhh, do you want me to leave?" Adrian asked awkwardly.