uncle ben

Percy:

I came home to Ben and Peter yelling, Peter all of the sudden just stormed out. "Hey guys.. what's up?" I ask to settle the awkward silence. I must have startled Ben because he flinched and turned in surprise. "Percy! You scared me." He looks stressed. "Um.. so what was that about?" Aunt May looked worried for Peter, "Just being a teenager I guess."

I didn't really have teenage years. I was always on quests or being missing for almost a year. The few times I did get to enjoy my teenage years were the best. I was always at camp, by the campfire. All of the talented Apollo kids were singing, and me and Annabeth were sitting next to each other, with my hand over her shoulder, because she was shorter than me.

"Percy? Are you okay. You are smiling a lot right now." Crap. I didn't realize I zoned out, stupid ADHD. "ADHD. What we were taking about triggered a good memory." Aunt May and Uncle Ben both smiled at me, "I'll go looking for Peter you guys, don't worry."

"No I'll just go Percy, it's too dangerous for a kid your age to go. Thank you though, you're a good kid."

I smiled and gave him a hug, "Thanks for letting me stay here. Now go find Peter." I said with laughter, so he knew I was joking.

Peter:

I storm out not realizing what I have just done. I decided I was never going back there. But what about Percy? He probably isn't even home yet. Aunt May must be super worried.

I walk into a local grocery store, I get some gummy worms and I brought $2.00 with me because that's how much they usually are.

I place them on the counter.

"Sir, you don't have enough cash. The item is $2.15."

I reach into my pocket and pull out a dime.

"Can I just get it? We're talking about a nickel here." He looked annoyed of me at this point.

"No, you don't have enough money. Now move so this other customer can pay. Now, move along."

I walked out of the store with no gummy worms, sadly. The guy who was behind me comes sprinting out of the store. The cashier starts going crazy.

"Somebody stop him! Help! Hey kid! He stole my money. Go get him!"

"I was told to move along." I remarked. I was being sarcastic and funny, I thought. Until I heard a gunshot.

I run over to see who was hurt and gasped. My heart sank. Uncle Ben was laying on the ground with a bullet hole right through his chest.

"Kid, you need to stay back." A police officer told me.

"That's my uncle!" I pushed through them and crouched on the ground toward my uncle.

"Peter..." He was trying to talk to me, but his hands fell down. He stopped struggling.

I slowly walked away. This was all my fault. If I hadn't been a stupid teenager and stormed out of the house, this would have never have happened. What are Aunt May and Percy going to say?

Percy:

Uncle Ben left to go look for Peter. I talked to Aunt May real quick and went back into Peter and I's room. I was working on my suit design. It was almost perfected. I loved how it looked, it was sea green with a little bit of Roman and Greek representation incorporated inside of the fabric. It looked amazing. I still couldn't think of a name. Tide? No that's a laundry detergent brand.
Water-guy? That's corny.

I finally settled on Tidal-Wave. That had a cool ring to it. I could sense someone in my room. I stood up from my bed and looked around the room. Nico goy out from the corner and tried to scare me, but I immediately had him in a choke hold.