needles

I meet up with Peter walking out of the school. "Hey Peter, what are you doing at school right now?"

He jumped. He was listening to music on his iPod he got for his birthday. I thought it was a pretty cool gift. My birthday is coming up soon, I don't like to celebrate it though. Many good people died that day. I don't see that as a celebration.

"Uh, I'm on the Academic Decathlon team." He said.

Peter is really smart. Like, I'm seventeen. I would never be that smart.

"Woah, you are so smart. How do you pull it off?"

He laughed, "You don't have to be smart to be on the team, you just have to work hard and study. It also boosts your grade a lot."

I nodded. We continued to walk in silence until we got home. There was this crazy car, like a Lamborghini. I don't really know. I never learned much about cars.

Peter unlocked the door and greeted Aunt May, "Hey, May." I also nodded at her. Usually, I let Peter do all of the talking. But when Aunt May asks about my day, I don't ignore her I usually say, "Good or fine."Something among those lines.

"How was school today?"

"It was okay." Peter said.

I sensed someone else in the room. I didn't know who, but I don't think they are dangerous. I just stood there and tried to sense more about them.

"Percy? How was school today?"

I perk my head up, "Oh it was good." I smiled slightly at her, and followed Peter to the living room.

"There's this crazy car parked outside." Peter stops talking and looks at the couch. So naturally, I look too.

Tony was sitting on our couch. Iron Man, the guy that brought me to the police station and took me to camp. Great.

So, Tony Stark is sitting in our couch with my aunt. That's cool. I hoped I'd never have to see him again, because he saw me when I was vulnerable. Now it's just awkward.

Peter looks like he just saw the Minotaur.

"Oh Mr Parker, and May I ask who you are?"

He was pretending he didn't know me for Peter and Aunt May. Nicely done.

"Percy. Percy Jackson."

He nodded slightly.

"Um..."

Peter is at a lost for words it's so funny.

Wha-what are you doing... Hey! Uh, I'm Peter."

"Tony." He knew Peter already knew who he was. I don't think I like him too much. He seems very cocky.

"What are you- what are you- what are you doing here?" Peter stutters over his words. He is in shock and it's so funny.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails right?" He winked with both eyes. How has Aunt May haven't noticed they are both lying? He's probably here because Peter is Spider-Man. I'm just going to go into my room and act like nothing is happening.

Peter:

What the.. THE TONY STARK IS IN MY HOUSE! I'm going with his lie about what we E-Mails he's talking about. I really hope I'm not in trouble. Percy saw him wink too, and just left. He's not freaking out that Tony Stark is in our house!

I agree with Mr. Stark that I've gotten his emails. "Regarding the.."

"You didn't even tell me about the grant."