check up

"Anyway, I needed to tell you that Tony wanted to give you a check up after that whole scene in the living room."

"A check up?"

Percy

A check up? No way.

One thing I cannot stand is doctors. They think they need to know everything about you and your health.

Well guess what? You don't. I have Will and the other Apollo kids back and camp, and they are perfectly fine for me.

Natasha brings me out to kitchen where everyone is from dinner. They are just cleaning all of the pizza up and everything. Tony walks up to me and asks the question of the day,

"Percy, you okay now?" I rolled my eyes. I swear if someone else asks me that question, "Yeah I'm fine. I think it was just because of the pizza grease. I normally just eat healthy."

"Okay... but I still need to give you a check up."

Ugh, I hate stubborn people.

"Nope, I'm good. I have doctors at home, and they see me a lot. I know what meds I need to take and stuff. I'm all good, thanks for the concern though."

He looked like he believed me, then I don't know what made him change his mind. "Well if you see them so much, why don't you trust me?"

"Because you're not my doctor.." I respond with. Everyone is watching, probably wondering who is going to win this argument.

"Well, you're still having a check up. Normally it would be Bruce, but he's off planet right now." Natasha seemed to cringe at the name. Bruce.. Where do I know that from?

"Bruce? Who's that?" Tony's eyes widened. You know? The Hulk? The scientist"

Oh! He's the guy Annabeth used to admire all of the time in her science rants. Gods, I would give anything to hear her fantasize over architecture again, or just to see her. I miss her so much...

"Percy you there? Let's go come on."

"I'm second thought can I just go home tonight?" I started to slowly walk towards the stairs, when I noticed everyone started to chase me. I was sprinting down the stairs and they were right in front of me.

They must have taken the Elevator.

"Percy come on, it's just a check up." Natasha spoke up. Everyone else was nodding, agreeing with her.

"Fine.. whatever." I gave in. I know, I probably shouldn't. But oh well.

We made it to the check up room, I was stalling as much as so could by choosing the stairs and going as slow as I could.

But made it. Sadly.

I walked into the regular doctors office style room, and sat down. Tony walked in, looking the same as I saw him last time, "Took you a while. Never knew you were so scared of the doctors."

"Haha, very funny." I talked back sarcastically. Obviously.

"Okay so, let's get started. Any disabilities or any disorders or illnesses we should know about?

"Uhhh, I don't know if this counts, but I have ADHD and Dyslexia?"

He started writing things down. "Okay. I'm just going to do regular doctors things like eyes, ears, heart and stuff."

He started by putting a flashlight in my eye and telling my eyes to follow his finger. He put this other doctor thing in my nose and my ear. Next, he brought out his stethoscope to check my heart.

"Okay can you just pull up your shirt a bit so I can check your heartbeat?" My stomach dropped.

"Errr, can't you do it with my shirt all the way down?"

"No, but I'm going to lift your shirt," He slightly lifted it up and immediately gasped.

"Perce.."

"Don't. Just do it and put my shirt back down. Please."

There was an awkward silence until it was done and Tony cleared his throat.

"If anything is happening with Aunt May or anything..."

"Why would she do that? You really think Aunt May would do something like that? Nothing is going on Tony. Just drop it."

"Okay, um have you thrown up like you did earlier before?"

There was a short pause before I answered.
"Yes."

"Do you know why?"

I tried to figure out a way to explain it so it would make sense to him.

"So I went to this place, they only fed a certain kind of food. It was dangerous for your health, but kept you alive. I had to survive off of it for two weeks, so now my eating is messed up."

"Okay," He kept writing in his notebook.

"So you should go see a pediatrician about an eating disorder, and other than that you're good to go."

I walked out of that office as fast as I could.

Everyone was standing outside the door and as soon as I got out they bombarded me with questions.

"How was is Percy?"

"Wasn't as bad as you though eh?"

"What did you do in there? Why did it take so long?"

"It was fine. It was better than I thought it was going to be. He just checked my heart and stuff, I didn't think it took that long."

Everyone answered with something among the lines of "Oh"

"Anyway, I'm really tired and am going to bed. Goodnight everyone.

I obviously wasn't going to bed. But I just laid in bed and thought about everything that has happened in the past year. Wow... time flies when an earth giant tries to kill you and you lose your memory.

sorry for the short chapter! you guys deserve so much more but thank you for 2k reads and see you in the next chapter

stay safe