20

"So, you really know nothing about that thing?" Blurr questioned quickly, Marissa nodding despite being unsure whether or not he could actually see her

         "Just that it calls to your guy's sparks. I hope I didn't ruin anything when I took it to a jeweler's shop so I could wear it as a bracelet in Mission City." She ran her fingers across the cool metal, watching as threads flickered like moving glass and plasma. 

     Upon observing it, she had realized the closer it was to a Cybertronian (or Velocitronian), the more obviously it moved. It still did very little and warmed only slightly with Marissa's touch, but the show had become enthralling to watch. 

         "Yup, and the closer we are too it the stronger the feeling." The speedster would have nodded. "Not a lot to go on but we could have less."

         :We could also have more.: Knockout complained. :Let's not forget it releases a little more energy when the human femme touches it.:

         "It does?" Marissa marveled at the idea, taking the thing off her wrist and placing it in front of her face on the padded floor. "I thought I'd be rather insignificant in this whole debacle."

         :To be frank you probably are.: The cherry colored mech continued. :You don't appear to be getting weaker so it's most likely not syphoning your energy, however, as it seems the most exposed on the top, it could be a cry for help.:

     Confused at the hypothesis, the two's human charge asked for clarification. Blurr tried to explain it politely but Knockout spared little as he insulted her. In short, the device doesn't like being touched by alien hands, especially hands that secrete oil and sweat. She was, basically, a grubby, disgusting alien lifeform and the thing on her wrist felt threatened. That's why it had not called to the sparks of others until after she picked it up. Marissa asked if it still called to their sparks now that it was off her wrist, to which both claimed that it did. 

         "What if I just- maybe I woke it up." She decided to make her own hypothesis, one that wasn't so insulting. "Or maybe I boosted its signal. Humans are literally balls of living energy and electricity. Just by standing next to a radio we can either disrupt the signal or boost it. My dad's old dial radio can't be past a six-foot radius of someone without going to static."

         "That's a thought." Blurr agreed. "You humans do have an electric field."

     Knockout muttered something about said field being rather insignificant. He didn't think such a small amount of electricity could possibly boost the strange device enough to affect all sparks on earth, however, Marissa had a point. But then why didn't it have a signal when surrounded by the number of putrid humans in Mission City? Surely that would have been more of a boost than one smelly little farm girl.

         "How long has it been since we left Starscream and Barricade?" Marissa questioned after a short silence. She wasn't surprised when Blurr answered with the measly time of an hour.